xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Anyone Else Have This Problem?  (Read 114 times)

DANNYBROOK

• Archived User
Anyone Else Have This Problem?
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »

Anyone else screw themselves over by not caring enough about their class and such when they started their game and now are like 50+ hours into it and realize they really really wanna change a BUNCH of stuff?

I mean for the love of god, I choose to be an Argonian Knight under the Shadow...  I NEVER use the invisibility spell, my major skills include Illusion, Speechcraft, Blunt, and a few others that I never use at all, and I all around should be a totally different character.

I'd love to be a Breton Battlemage, that would be sweet, maybe born under the Magicka sign or whatever its called.  Have destruction and blade and armorer as a major, yep, that would be awesome.

They should release a mod to change your stuff around if you messed up, because I've done so much in the 61 hours I've played I just can't bear to re-do it.  Is it worth it?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

if you're not enjoying the game because of who you chose, then start over.

honestly I don't think the stats at the beginning REALLY govern that much.  Basically you can just work on any skill set and max those out, major or minor skill.  The only difference is you need to up a major skill in order to "level up"

My character is very similar to yours, I'm an Argonian Bard under the shadow. I rarely use the invisibility ability (though it is good for running away from crowds of angry people  laugh.gif) and if I'd known you could enchant rings for that before I started I would have just done that instead. Waterbreathing and protection from poison and desease are useful too, But you can really enchant or mix potions for just about ANYTHING to give you ANYTHING that you'd get under a particular sign or as a particular race.

I chose a blade major but I'm finding that I like Marksmen and Destruction magic better, both are minor but I'm working on those skills and could very easily have them be more powerful then blade if I wanted to.

IMO the stuff  you choose in the beginning only helps you out until you're a level 10 or 12 or so, at that point the benefits from your starting stats are useless compared to the things you can do with enchanting or just building up your skills in other areas.

If it really bothers you just start over, there are enough quests you could just take a completely different path and it'd be like you're starting off from where you are. If you've already finished say the Thieves Guild then don't even bother in your new game, just do something else  cool.gif

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

I love my guy.  smile.gif

Dark Elf Batllemage born under the Wizard.  Never have a problem doing what I need to do.  I use invisibility all the time.  It's very helpful for the theives and dark brotherhood guilds.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »

I hated my guy when I first started so after 10 hours I started over. I dont think Id start over if I had 50+ hours though. Tough decision.

DANNYBROOK

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 09:18:00 AM »

Yeah I guess its not a big deal, say for the fact that I didn't have my HD when I started the game so when I did the colors they were all sorts of fucked up, I thought I was making a red dude and I get my good TV and turn it on and I'm purple.  That sucked 7 different ways from sunday.  But other than that I guess its cool.

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(DANNYBROOK @ Apr 19 2006, 04:25 PM) View Post

I thought I was making a red dude and I get my good TV and turn it on and I'm purple.  That sucked 7 different ways from sunday

That's funny, I would hate to have a purple dude.  jester.gif

DANNYBROOK

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Apr 19 2006, 11:27 AM) View Post

That's funny, I would hate to have a purple dude.  jester.gif

To be honest it doesn't look that bad.  As long as I wear a helmet or something he looks kinda cool.  But seriously screw being Argonian, I wish I was a Nord.  Maybe even a Dark Elf.  I would say a wood elf but they are the dumbest little dicks.  Like that Maglir dude?  I'm so sick of dealing with his shit.

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(DANNYBROOK @ Apr 19 2006, 11:39 AM) View Post

I would say a wood elf but they are the dumbest little dicks.  Like that Maglir dude?  I'm so sick of dealing with his shit.

LMAO.  I'm with ya on that one.  Dark Elf all the way!  resistant to most fire, +50 magicka, and no weaknesses.  smile.gif

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 11:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(DANNYBROOK @ Apr 19 2006, 11:39 AM) View Post

I would say a wood elf but they are the dumbest little dicks.  Like that Maglir dude?  I'm so sick of dealing with his shit.

I friggin HATE Maglir.  grr.gif

Sarge26

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

i dont even know what i am under all my daedric armor for all i know i could hav grown 3 heads but at least i got to kill that bastard maglir  smile.gif

Aitrus7

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

It took me about 3 characters before I got it right...I kept changing my mind...and my first one was so bad I couldn't beat one scamp......  jester.gif

amb7247

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 11:56:00 PM »

I'm a brenton. Main class is sorcerer. I'm currently a master at conjuration and magic spell casting but I like to swing the sword from time to time with light armor.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

What's a Brenton? Why is the word BreNton easier to rememer than Breton?

I ask the same question about the word ObliviAn.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

blink.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

well this is the sub forum to discuss Oblivian  biggrin.gif