xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ring Of War  (Read 174 times)

Strangelove1

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« on: April 19, 2006, 07:30:00 AM »

So I got the Ring of War from some punk in an Oblivion Gate yesterday.  +10 blade, blunt, hand to hand, armorer, and heavy armor.  Awesome.  EXCEPT that +10 puts me over 75 in most of those categories, but I can't do the expert stuff.  I can't repair my stuff to 125%, can't do the power moves etc.  What gives?

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »

I believe that in order to gain ranks in skills, your BASE skill level has to be higher the required level. Bonuses dont count.

drewberg111

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

any idea what gate it was?  id like to grab that ring

Rubix42

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

Random loot, just kill enemies, you'll find all kinds of killer gear.

Strangelove1

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 11:20:00 AM »

I found it during the quest to close the gate outside of Cheydinhal (sp?).  Hilariously, while I was in there to save the count's son, the bastard jumped into the lava while fighting off some baddies.  I had to jump in the lava and get his ring to prove he was dead.

krims0n

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

Yeah that damn bridge in the cheydinhal gate. I saved just before going off to the tower with the count's son and his posse. The first time everyone jumped off the bridge chasing an enemy and I thought it was just a little AI glitch. So, I reloaded but they jumped off that bridge again, and again. You think someone would actually test these quests a bit and make some alterations to the AI to not jump into fucking lava.

I figured there was no way he was going to survive the whole trek anyways, so I just slaughtered him somewhere that didn't involve me jumping in lava and took the ring and went and closed the gate myself.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 02:47:00 PM »

you can jump into the lava and not die? i never even tried it. everything i know says when you get close to lava you die since its so hot.

krims0n

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »

Lava causes extremely fast damage, but it's not an instant kill. Fire resistance does not help either.

Geoper

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 04:00:00 PM »

Lava is not that bad, i jump islands in oblivion gates to get to the main gate faster, or swim around a closed gate.  I love that the programmers made it possible to jump over gates in some places also, if your acrobatics is high enough (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif) i consider my first char. a mountain climber

drewberg111

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 06:46:00 PM »

so the ring of war is right outside cheydinhal?  is it the one for the main quest where you go in with the 3 other guys in yellow chainmail?  cause i did that one already sad.gif

Strangelove1

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

No, it was just on some demon that I killed in there.  The thing is fucking worthless though.

drewberg111

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2006, 10:02:00 PM »

well that sucks.  thanks for the help though.

krims0n

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Strangelove1 @ Apr 19 2006, 09:48 PM) View Post

No, it was just on some demon that I killed in there.  The thing is fucking worthless though.

I don't see why it's "worthless"?? There is more to your stats then just getting the bonuses. No, you will not get the bonuses for being 75+, but it IS still improving your blade/blunt/armor/whatever skills, in how much damage you give and how much damage your armor absorbs, etc. 5 skills at +10 each is a HUGE enchantment. A grand soul will give you +10 to one skill, so this ring is 5x more powerful than a self-enchanted ring.

Carlo210

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(krims0n @ Apr 20 2006, 04:57 PM) View Post

I don't see why it's "worthless"?? There is more to your stats then just getting the bonuses. No, you will not get the bonuses for being 75+, but it IS still improving your blade/blunt/armor/whatever skills, in how much damage you give and how much damage your armor absorbs, etc. 5 skills at +10 each is a HUGE enchantment. A grand soul will give you +10 to one skill, so this ring is 5x more powerful than a self-enchanted ring.

Once you get to 100, you get nothing, meaning that these 'buffing' enchantments aren't as valuable as you make them out to be.

Resist gear is still king, while my +50 to magicka sigils are my personal favorite.

krims0n

• Archived User
Ring Of War
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

I'm well aware that skills cap at 100 but most people aren't at that point in the game yet. The OP was complaining that he didn't get the bonuses for skill of 75, so assuming his skills are not capped at 100 is pretty safe.

I'm not saying this ring is godly, and probably not something I'd use myself. It is however a pretty powerful ring, and I think the effects of the +10 on blade/blunt/heavy armor is overlooked because people want something quantifiable.