xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Two Questions ?  (Read 58 times)

[BigBox]

• Archived User
Two Questions ?
« on: March 11, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »

1. Can I play tv channels in my xbmc ?
If yes how ? "please"
2. How is that i have to install the scripts in xbmc, and how can i run them?
"please"

:uhh:   <

82ross

• Archived User
Two Questions ?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 12:04:00 AM »

If anyone want make a better tutorial in english, Tanks ++ (Im from Switzerland i speak French and my english is very poor).

Streaming TV in XBMC:

1. Obtain the latest stream pack from http://www.gueux-forum.net/index.php?showtopic=16362&st=0

The pack should be at the bottom of the first post. Extract the archive.

2. Transfer all the stream/strm files from the stream pack over to your xbox into a folder of your choice. You can just put it in a folder already designated as a music share.

Example: F:\apps\xbmc\streams or E:\music\tvstream

3. Open XboxMediaCenter.xml in a text editor and add .strm to the end of your musc extensions if it is not already present.

Example:
CODE
.m4a|.flac|.aac|.pls|.rm|.mpa|.wav|.wma|.ogg|.mp3|.mp2|.m3u|.strm

4. If the location of the stream files is not already a music share, add a new share to XboxMediaCenter.xml

Example:
CODE

TV Streams
    F:\apps\xbmc\streams

5. Transfer XboxMediaCenter.xml back to the xbmc folder.

6. Launch XBMC, goto your music section and look to the location or share you defined the strm files to be in.

7. Start the strm file like any other, a small box will pop up giving you the status of the stream, once the stream has connected and buffered the streaming video will begin :)

(This tutorial assumes you have the latest "stable" version of XboxMediaCenter. Take note that throughout the streams are defined as being music with regards to xbmc. This may change in the future)

-------------

I dunno what your asking with your second question. Please look around before you ask, most questions have ben answered already.

This post has been edited by 82ross: Mar 12 2004, 08:04 AM <