xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 100% Done Oblivion  (Read 157 times)

Master X

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« on: April 13, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »

I finished yesterday but was to busy playing GRAW to post it tongue.gif  One of the best RPG game I have ever played. The ending of the main questline was amazing I played it over two times because it was so good. I recommend this game to anyone that enjoys RPG's. 10/10. Now that I am done with the main questline and all of the factions I will probably sell it because the rest of the quest's are pretty lame.

Now time to finish off GRAW.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 01:01:00 AM »

i was going to say wow and i thought doing all the achievements was a big deal. there is another topic talking about completing 50 of 50. i think i would be a lot farther if i havent done so many side quests.

Carlo210

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 08:51:00 AM »

You aren't done 100% of the game. I can't believe you would think that...

Beat around 169 quests in total and explore at least 90% of the hundreds of dungeons/towns around the map and I'll take your '100%' more seriously.

EDIT: And of all the games to sell after beating the 'main quests'....
If you would sell Oblivion after beating the factions, you should sell every single one of your games that you've 'beaten' the campaign to.
If you really think that this is one of the best rpg-lites you've ever played, how does the actual nature/purpose of the game not interest you?

This post has been edited by Carlo210: Apr 14 2006, 03:54 PM

Master X

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Apr 14 2006, 07:22 AM) View Post

You aren't done 100% of the game. I can't believe you would think that...

Beat around 169 quests in total and explore at least 90% of the hundreds of dungeons/towns around the map and I'll take your '100%' more seriously.
EDIT: And of all the games to sell after beating the 'main quests'....
If you would sell Oblivion after beating the factions, you should sell every single one of your games that you've 'beaten' the campaign to.
If you really think that this is one of the best rpg-lites you've ever played, how does the actual nature/purpose of the game not interest you?

Heh obviously you didnt read my post correctly. There is no way in hell anyone can complete the whole game (find all caves/side quest). I am not going to bother finding every single cave because there is certainly no fun to it. If there was new creatures that I could fight then that would be a different story but its all the same. Its the same for the side quest's too. What I was saying is that I beat the main questline and all of the faction quest. Go ahead if you want to waste a year trying to find all of the caves/explore the whole map/ finish all of the side quest's. The only part of the story that I would play over again was the ending. Have fun finding all of the dungeons rolleyes.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Apr 14 2006, 05:01 PM) View Post

Heh obviously you didnt read my post correctly. There is no way in hell anyone can complete the whole game (find all caves/side quest). I am not going to bother finding every single cave because there is certainly no fun to it. If there was new creatures that I could fight then that would be a different story but its all the same. Its the same for the side quest's too. What I was saying is that I beat the main questline and all of the faction quest. Go ahead if you want to waste a year trying to find all of the caves/explore the whole map/ finish all of the side quest's. The only part of the story that I would play over again was the ending. Have fun finding all of the dungeons rolleyes.gif

Then forget what I said. The fact that you think you are done the game when all you really did was beat the campaign aspects of it is strange. I mean, this is a huge game, yet you play it like it's no larger than any other game on the market...

I remember you were so excited when I told you how big the game was, how much you can do, and so forth - yet you forget all that and stick with the bare minimum.

Deftech

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »

no way in hell anyone can complete all quests? youre attention span is weak  tongue.gif

atleast some of us will try  smile.gif Im at 91 completed and havent even touched Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood, Main, and still have Fighters to finish.

With that map I posted last week, I will indeed use it to get into every single cave/ruin in this world. The only problems I forsee are Gears of War and Splinter Cell. If those dont hit until late summer/early fall, I will indeed do my best to truly finish it.

fight the good fight Carlo!

EDIT: anyone know how many quests there are? I ask because 169 was mentioned....

Master X

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Apr 14 2006, 09:25 AM) View Post

Then forget what I said. The fact that you think you are done the game when all you really did was beat the campaign aspects of it is strange. I mean, this is a huge game, yet you play it like it's no larger than any other game on the market...

I remember you were so excited when I told you how big the game was, how much you can do, and so forth - yet you forget all that and stick with the bare minimum.

Well I have done alot of side quest's. The hard part is finding them, I usually have to walk infront of an NPC and they will give me a quest. Another thing that took me away from the game is this huge glitch I ran into. I was trying to do the cure for vampirism quest. I gave the ex witch the dagger with argonian blood on it and the quest would move into the completed. It still said "I must give the ex witch the dagger with argonian blood". I continued on with the quest and gave her all of the ingredients needed and it would still give me that message. I restarted that quest about 4 times. I really hate breaking into houses/ feeding from guild mates. It gets really annoying too because you are not allowed to fast travel while taking damage.

QUOTE(Deftech @ Apr 14 2006, 09:37 AM) View Post

no way in hell anyone can complete all quests? youre attention span is weak  tongue.gif

I meant it was impossible to finish the game at this point in time.

BoyScout

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

Guys no need to keep saying oh he didnt finsih 100% with all dungeons and etc etc. He said he beat it in the achievement wise. Good job, im powerleveling right now... that actually takes a lot of time... espeically if you did not cheat...

Master X

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 10:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoyScout @ Apr 14 2006, 09:42 AM) View Post

Guys no need to keep saying oh he didnt finsih 100% with all dungeons and etc etc. He said he beat it in the achievement wise. Good job, im powerleveling right now... that actually takes a lot of time... espeically if you did not cheat...

beerchug.gif The only glitch that I used was the bow and arrow glitch were it duplicates the amount of the item you drop by how many arrows you were equiped with. I duplicated grand soul gems with grand souls in them because I gave away Azura's Star tongue.gif

pennywisdom

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2006, 11:18:00 AM »

dude, if i were you, id hang on to the game for when the addons come out. the oe in the arcane university should be pretty soon and just wait till expansions come out. those will be almost like brand new games.

the great part is that unlike morrowind where they released the expansions as a new copy of the game which usually screwed up your old save file, we will probably be able to purchase it on the marketplace whenever theyre released.

this game has endless possibilities though man, if you sell it now, youre going to regret it in a few months when you realize you have to buy it again just to play the new content. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

boxrocker

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »

^^^^

Exactly!  Two new DLC's are coming.

Souske

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(BoyScout @ Apr 14 2006, 05:42 PM) *

Umm... you do realize that the monsters level with you right?

aka, when you get stronger, they get stronger.

Master X

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2006, 01:54:00 PM »

Yes I know that I meant like fighting something new. IE lightning giant or something.

Carlo210

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoyScout @ Apr 14 2006, 05:42 PM) View Post

No really? Have you read the thread? I'm saying that, with a game this big, you can't say 'you are done playing it' as you would any other game. This game is more about the main quests.
There's no reason to shun half of the game out just because you feel as if you are done the 'important' stuff. A while ago, I told Master X that the game is larger than just the main quests and that you can do whatever you want in the 16sq miles of land. I believe he said "Holy s%!t". If I told him that there are factions that you do quests for, he probably wouldn't have gotten too excited. Not one bit.

You can explore the landscapes, find cool stuff to do, do tons of miscellaneous quests, f*** around as you would in a GTA game (gave me an idea - horse chase! Catch up to me and my shadowmere! tongue.gif ), fool around in facegen (I probably spent 2 hours making random faces that I thought looked cool, excluding the 4 hours it took me to make my characters face on day 1), collecting rare items, and doing a smithereen of other stuff.

I'm not making a laugh out of you, I'm just considering you have fun with the game now that the main quests are done. But hey, if you want to play Oblivion as if it is a movie-to-game game by EA, go ahead. The rest of us will have fun... having fun. biggrin.gif

Now, off to my horse chase.

Deftech

• Archived User
100% Done Oblivion
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 10:41:00 AM »

speaking of things to do, wheres the damn Unicorn again? I thought is was Northeast of Leyawiin?

161 hours and counting smile.gif

anyone know how many *total* quests are in this? Does the strat guide mention it?
Pages: [1] 2