xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help On How To Make Money - No Cheating  (Read 151 times)

krims0n

• Archived User
Help On How To Make Money - No Cheating
« on: April 10, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »

Take weapons/armor from your enemies. Find a cave/ruin/mine or whatever that has lots of bandits and less monsters. The bandits are where you'll get good stuff from. Don't worry too much about making lots of money, there is barely anything worth buying in this game.

I have about 150,000 gold and not sure what I can even do with it. I might as well buy and furnish the house in Skingrad but I can't see myself actually using it for anything.

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

There's a brothel over in Anvil.  Just join the hoes guild.  tongue.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

repeating what everyne is saying....

get into caves/dungeons and take armor/weapons from baddies.

Also, join the Arena and beat it so that you can go back once a week and fight monsters.

If you chose to fight all 3 creatures at once, youll make 3 to 5,000 gold in under half a minute.

right now Im at around 315,000, and Ive already spent 60,000 on the skingrad house, 5000 on the haunted manor, and 5000 on the waterfront shack.

Like Krimson said, not much to buy in this game, and I only bought those houses to finish Quests.

I have never bought a single piece of armor or weapon. The only $$ I spend is on enchanting items at the enchanting altar, and that hardly costs anything.

Up until I Feathered everything, I was making 5 or 6 trips a cave to be able to carry it all to the shops and sell it, pain in the ass. Now I can carry 1072 lbs and do it all in one trip usually and make 10 to 15,000 gold a cave if its got the right enemies(vamps/bandits).

The Oblivion Gates are full of Daedric stuff obviously, I had to pick and chose what to take out, its all very heavy usually. I walked out of my first gate with 1070/1072 carrying capacity  laugh.gif

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

Also, try using a luck potion before opening a locked chest in a cave.  I tried that once and banked pretty big. Got some enchanted boots, a few gems, and some gold.  smile.gif   The coolest chest was the one in the bottom of Benrius Manor.  He had a nice stash.

krims0n

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2006, 01:35:00 PM »

Fortify Luck +100 for 2 seconds smile.gif I have been using this, but in my laziness I have neglected to even test whether it affects the outcome of opening chests or not.

Also got a nice tip off another forum. People are saying that the +50 feather enchantments are pointless. If you use +10 strength's instead you will get the same +50 (10x5) on your encumberance and also get the boost on your attacking power. Apparently your encumberance will continue benefitting from strength over 100.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

yes strength helps, a lot. I use feather armor plus strength rings and amulets and Ive only been close to reaching my 1072 carrying capacity once. When you carry around that much, its a pain in the ass to scroll thru everything you have anyways, so selling at that point is pretty much a must.

its so easy to get $$ in this game, the glitchs seem like a waste of time IMO. The normal way, you actually get a few things done at once....

Complete a quest, clear a cave of its enemies, take their goods, find weapons/armor that are better than what you currently have, sell what you dont need, and Level up in the process. If money was hard 2 come by, I could understand it, alas it truly isnt.

I cleared a cave lastnight of Imps for a lady that needed imp gall. I had to kill 10 of them. The chests down there all yielded between 65 and 800 gold. There were no enemies with armor/weapons, but damn the game rewarded me with finding about 4,000 in chests alone. Im sure it depends on your level though. 2 chests in a row had like 675 and 800 gold each. Almost level 40 and getting $$ is just getting easier and easier. I wish I had something to spend it on  laugh.gif

krims0n

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

Yeah. I'm glad I never did any money glitches. I would have felt less inclined to go exploring caves and mines and whatnot for the loot, and as a side result of going exploring I've found some items that totally rock the socks out of anything I could have made. Nothing better than a daedric helmet with 105ft of detect life!

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »

Im trying to spend the $$ ive accumulated, I bought the house in Bruma(quite nice and Im going to start using that now), was 10,000 plus another 18,000 to furnish it. Its not 2 big like the others and not so depressing like that waterfront hole  laugh.gif

krims0n

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

I just finished the Mage's guild quests last night and am very dissapointed that the Arch Mage's Quarters doesn't even have any storage chests (other than the ingredient thingy)! I was going to move in. It's a very beautiful room, but sucks for storage.

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

Bruma was my first home.  After the mages guild is killed off, I may move out of that dangerous neighborhood.  tongue.gif

The one in Skingrad is excellent, and you have a maid!  smile.gif

Benrius Manor in Anvil is also nice after you rid the place of ghosts.  Plus you have a cool secret room.

I wish I could figure out how to put things in a display case and lock them up.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(boxrocker @ Apr 11 2006, 03:07 PM) View Post

Bruma was my first home.  After the mages guild is killed off, I may move out of that dangerous neighborhood.  tongue.gif

The one in Skingrad is excellent, and you have a maid!  smile.gif

Benrius Manor in Anvil is also nice after you rid the place of ghosts.  Plus you have a cool secret room.

I wish I could figure out how to put things in a display case and lock them up.

backup...

we have a maid in the skingrad home? can we sell her?!  biggrin.gif  I havent been there since I bought it, I got lost in it its so big!

and we have a secret room in the haunted manor? do you mean the basement where we fought the guy? I havent been back there since that day either  laugh.gif

I like to get in, drop stuff off in chests, pick stuff up if need be, and get out asap. I like the bruma house because its not as big as the others, and bigger than the damn waterfront hole.

what happens if you have a horse bought from every town?

do they always appear at the proper towns stables if you lose them?

saunders73

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(krims0n @ Apr 11 2006, 01:03 PM) View Post

I just finished the Mage's guild quests last night and am very dissapointed that the Arch Mage's Quarters doesn't even have any storage chests (other than the ingredient thingy)! I was going to move in. It's a very beautiful room, but sucks for storage.

Just use the night table, doesnt have a limit for the amount of stuff u put in it

notsodiseased

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(krims0n @ Apr 11 2006, 06:03 PM) View Post

But how can you not love having an enchantment alter and a spell making alter in your room? I love it.

brutalresolution20

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

well im not sure how many there are but once you finish the mazonga the orc quest in leyawin, you can sell black bows to the count for $100 a piece...hope that helps