xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tv Streams Crash The Box When Finished  (Read 48 times)

Prican24

• Archived User
Tv Streams Crash The Box When Finished
« on: March 11, 2004, 04:41:00 AM »

well i tried a few and they play well but when it gets to the end it locks up the box dry.gif

i'm using the latest version of xbmc and tried driver3 trailer and techtv vid on adding a hdd, both crashed at the end.  <

constrictor

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

This has happened to me, but not all the time.  It does it sometimes with SHoutcast streams too.  Sometimes it just doesnt end properly.

If yours is doing it 100% of the time, you could have a problem.  With me, its maybe 1 out of every 10 times, so I dont worry about it much.  <

Prican24

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »

yup your right, it only happends at certain times.

i also noticed it plays streams coppy now all of the sudden uhh.gif  

This post has been edited by Prican24: Mar 11 2004, 06:10 PM <

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 05:35:00 AM »

What I find is that ALL audio only streams crash my xbox upon attempting to load any more media after the stream has stopped.  Doesn't matter if the next media is the same or different stream, local video/music, or shoutcast.  I think the XBMC guys just need to debug this part of their software. (Something with media osd)  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
Other than this predictable error, Streams work fine.  (I think higher bitrate ones are most likely to load for me, but rarely will a 2nd attempt change the facts) Some fail somewhere in the connect dialog obviously but that is to be expected.

PS I am using xbmc 03-17-2004 with a fairly old python.rar.  (If anyone can tell me where to get a newer one, please do..)   <