xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Oblivion: PC VS Xbox 360  (Read 214 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Oblivion: PC VS Xbox 360
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(daps83777 @ Apr 5 2006, 03:46 PM) View Post

actually if you knew alot about oblivion you would know that the extra downloadable content is for pc users as well. why would i buy a 360 right now almost all the games are ports with minor graphics updates, i find it hilarious reading 360 reviews and at the very end it says, if you have the xbox version of this game its not worth spending the extra money for the little extra you get considering the $60 price tag. i own an regular xbox even though i can't really stand MS. i use opensource stuff in everything, except for gaming you can't get around using windows. i don't want to be called a "fanboy" for anything because fanboys are not open to hearing about other stuff. oblivion is yet another instance of a game for a MS system that is available on something else, the pc. i got a little of topicm but my opinion about stuff versus the 360 seems relavent on an xbox site, unless all you want me to do is praise microsft i guess.

you can do better than that I hope? weak and predictable  rolleyes.gif

Ive said it a few times today already, but that shit wont fly here.

if this damn TR demo DL wasnt slow, Id be trying that or closing more Gates, and wouldnt even be bothering replying to this nonsense  sad.gif take your admitted hatred elsewhere, or keep posting, I havent added anyone to my list in a couple weeks beerchug.gif

gordita37

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

I dont like playing games on the PC, it just isnt fun to me, even if the graphics were 10x better on a pc, I would definitely prefer the 360 biggrin.gif

daps83777

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

my hatred, lol that is funny. i never said i hated anything. i have an xbox, but i guess cause i don't have a 360 i hate MS. for one i will never buy a system when it first comes out ever again. i have a friend that went through multiple xbox's that were the ones that came out first with those stupid thompson drives. i am on my 2 ps2, i had 3 different first generation playstations and the last one died before the ps2 came out. first generation hardware is always faulty, like the 360 overheating, the reason all my playstations died. 360 has potential, they just need to get more rpg's and exclusive games, stuff that you can't get any other way.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(daps83777 @ Apr 5 2006, 04:02 PM) *

my hatred, lol that is funny. i never said i hated anything. i have an xbox, but i guess cause i don't have a 360 i hate MS.

you sure dont like MS, you said so yourself....

I own an regular xbox even though i can't really stand MS.

my bad, I shouldnt have used such a harsh term as "hatred". I should have quoted you word for word.

is "really cant stand MS" short for "they are alright, I surely dont dislike or hate them"   ? ?

lol, "cant stand" reminded me of "cant stand ya" from Seinfeld. Sleep deprivation, I blame Oblivion.

this TR legend demo is rediculous. I DL'd the GRAW crosscom trailer 3 to test my connection and the 65 megs took a couple minutes to nab, so its only this demo thats taking forever for me sad.gif fuggin figures, I could be playing Oblivion.

oops got offtopic, Im a hypocrite.

pop.gif

I am done typing in your direction, if I proceed, Xombe will no doubt PM me  laugh.gif

juan_2006

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006, 06:45:00 PM »

Ummmm 50 bucks a month for xbox live?? what a hipocrite.  

I payed 90 dollars cnd with taxes included. It came with:

Microphone: 45cnd
pgr2: 20cnd
the rest: 25cnd

So i guess i payed 25 dollars for 1 yr of xbox live with the taxes included.

Anyways. I think the pc will always be better than the console, because its always changing its always advancing, they always come up with something newer and better. Then again not all of the potential of the consoles are used. I really hope they use those 3 cores of the 360.

my 2 cents

This post has been edited by juan_2006: Apr 6 2006, 01:47 AM

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(arcice @ Apr 5 2006, 11:51 AM) *

I dont have a problem playing with a wingman rumble pad.....

please dont even start with the port cry... why cant you just accept xbox 360 is equivelent to mid-spec+ pc rang and will nearly be equivelent to a low spec pc in a year?

How fing 'PC Fanboy' predictable.

Fact:

- Oblivion was ported to the 360
- Oblivion was ported on non-final 360 dev kits for 99% of the development process.
- Controller campatibility (even the 360 wired one) pales in comparison to controllers on consoles
- 360's GPU is equivilent to an ATi x1900 (far from 'mid-specs pc range').
- There is no 'aiming assist' for First Person Perspective games (ala, oblivion) with controllers for PC's.  That in itself makes using a controller almost usless.

Also the pics provided for the 360 will not look as sharp or clean as the PC shots, because they could not capture them natively.  So the difference you see in the road terrain with the high end PC shots are only due to the crappy 360 screen shots; they both look exactly the same when viewing them in person on the same monitor.

This post has been edited by Foe-hammer: Apr 6 2006, 05:19 AM

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2006, 07:01:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Apr 5 2006, 11:56 PM) View Post

How fing 'PC Fanboy' predictable.

Fact:

- Oblivion was ported to the 360
- Oblivion was ported on non-final 360 dev kits for 99% of the development process.
- Controller campatibility (even the 360 wired one) pales in comparison to controllers on consoles
- 360's GPU is equivilent to an ATi x1900 (far from 'mid-specs pc range').
- There is no 'aiming assist' for First Person Perspective games (ala, oblivion) with controllers for PC's.  That in itself makes using a controller almost usless.

Also the pics provided for the 360 will not look as sharp or clean as the PC shots, because they could not capture them natively.  So the difference you see in the road terrain with the high end PC shots are only due to the crappy 360 screen shots; they both look exactly the same when viewing them in person on the same monitor.

i agree with you on all the rest but i thought screenshots were taken from the frame buffer (or something like that) and that is how is was shown that PGR3 runs at only 600p.  if they can take screens from other games this way, why not from oblivion?

otherwise i agree 100%.  even though design choices should help the theory that having actual hardware isnt needed much, it makes a big difference, especially when your dealing with vastly different architecture.  also while i know that the xenos in the 360 is part of the R5** family i see it little bit beyond the x1900 as it will be better utilized and has the addition of eDRAM and unified architecture.  

i hate the term fanboy but it seems that PC fanboys are as bad, if not worse, then any sony zombie or xbox fanboy around

georaldc

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2006, 08:00:00 AM »

please dont even start with the port cry... why cant you just accept xbox 360 is equivelent to mid-spec+ pc rang and will nearly be equivelent to a low spec pc in a year?

Lol, mid spec+ pc. Then I guess Gears of War (and all the other unreal 3 engine games) is overkill for the x360  dry.gif
I bet if they built oblivion ground up for the xbox 360, it'll look loads better than what it looks today.

T Ghost

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(georaldc @ Apr 6 2006, 08:31 AM) *

Lol, mid spec+ pc. Then I guess Gears of War (and all the other unreal 3 engine games) is overkill for the x360  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
I bet if they built oblivion ground up for the xbox 360, it'll look loads better than what it looks today.

There's absolutely no doubt about that.

Look the GRAW case. As long as I know, the PC version will be a port from the XBOX/PS2 version (1 ghost, 1st person only, diff missions (worse maps), can't go prone)and not a port from the extremelly superior 360 version (3 ghosts, 1st person or 3rd person, can go prone).

Where's the PC superiority to the 360 HW now?

EDIT: PC version will have prone position and you will be able to control 3 ghosts and vehicles. Also will sport HDR and next gen graphics. But only in 1st person. Sorry for the confusion.

This post has been edited by T Ghost: Apr 6 2006, 04:10 PM

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(T Ghost @ Apr 6 2006, 10:33 AM) View Post

There's absolutely no doubt about that.

Look the GRAW case. As long as I know, the PC version will be a port from the XBOX/PS2 version (1 ghost, 1st person only, diff missions (worse maps), can't go prone)and not a port from the extremelly superior 360 version (3 ghosts, 1st person or 3rd person, can go prone).

Where's the PC superiority to the 360 HW now?

EDIT: PC version will have prone position and you will be able to control 3 ghosts and vehicles. Also will sport HDR and next gen graphics. But only in 1st person. Sorry for the confusion.

the PC version is a port of the 360 version, not the last gen version.  

and as for the PC version of oblivion, this quote of what i consider to be much more then a typical "mid-spec" PC, should only further prove how the 360 is more then capable to keep up with the demand....

Even on the GamePro office power PC (an Athlon 64 3500+ with 2 GB RAM and a Geforce 7800 GT), Oblivion runs only decently at the widescreen resolution of 1360 x 768 with no anti-aliasing.

http://www.gametrail...ews.php?id=3101

i consider the 360 version to run much better then just "decently" with a comparable resolution, AA, and HDR enabled, so again, how is the 360 only equal to a "mid-spec PC"??  rolleyes.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 6 2006, 11:18 AM) View Post

the PC version is a port of the 360 version, not the last gen version.  

and as for the PC version of oblivion, this quote of what i consider to be much more then a typical "mid-spec" PC, should only further prove how the 360 is more then capable to keep up with the demand....

http://www.gametrail...ews.php?id=3101

i consider the 360 version to run much better then just "decently" with a comparable resolution, AA, and HDR enabled, so again, how is the 360 only equal to a "mid-spec PC"??  rolleyes.gif

Yeah I don't understand why everyone is saying "mid-spec" FTFA it clearly shows that the only COMPARABLE PC was a "high-end" spec... and the differences weren't so much that one was better just that they offered different things. PC had no AA but higher resolution, Xbox had better frame rate but no self shaddowing...

At that point you still can't even say one is better then the other because they're limited in different ways it's a matter of taste.

As for PC Fan-boys being worse then Sony Zombies, of course they are. PC fanatics build their own machines, so saying a 360 or PS3 can out perform it is like calling their baby ugly  tongue.gif

NCspecV81

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

who cares? i like both  biggrin.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 6 2006, 10:30 AM) *

As for PC Fan-boys being worse then Sony Zombies, of course they are. PC fantastics build their own machines, so saying a 360 or PS3 can out perform it is like calling their baby ugly  tongue.gif

I used to be one of those fanatical bastards, I dont miss those days one bit laugh.gif my brother gets worse with every video card he buys(which is very often). Hes truly gone over the edge and actually gets physical and storms out of a room during duscussions. Good thing he weighs 115 lbs, he comes near me hes getting tossed into his precious pc desk  laugh.gif

lol you typed fantastics, but I saw it as fanatics anyways until just now. err atleast I hope you meant fanatics. If not, I dont know what a pc fantastic is  ph34r.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Apr 6 2006, 11:30 AM) *

As for PC Fan-boys being worse then Sony Zombies, of course they are. PC fantastics build their own machines, so saying a 360 or PS3 can out perform it is like calling their baby ugly  tongue.gif

very true, i never saw it that way.  ill have to remember that next time i get in a debate with a PC "fantastic" and in the end just remind them how ugly their baby really is  tongue.gif

QUOTE(Deftech @ Apr 6 2006, 02:10 PM) *

I used to be one of those fanatical bastards, I dont miss those days one bit laugh.gif my brother gets worse with every video card he buys(which is very often). Hes truly gone over the edge and actually gets physical and storms out of a room during duscussions. Good thing he weighs 115 lbs, he comes near me hes getting tossed into his precious pc desk  laugh.gif  

lol you typed fantastics, but I saw it as fanatics anyways until just now. err atleast I hope you meant fanatics. If not, I dont know what a pc fantastic is  ph34r.gif

laugh.gif  i can see that happen too.  its so weird how he is amazed by the 360 one moment but then defends PCs to the end the next.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2006, 03:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Apr 6 2006, 03:30 PM) *

very true, i never saw it that way.  ill have to remember that next time i get in a debate with a PC "fantastic" and in the end just remind them how ugly their baby really is  tongue.gif
 laugh.gif  i can see that happen too.  its so weird how he is amazed by the 360 one moment but then defends PCs to the end the next.

yeah you know him, hes effed up for sure. he also bought and sold Halo 9 times, wtf is up with that?  laugh.gif

damn turd burglar.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4