xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Good Way To Carry Tons Of Loot Out Of The Dungeon  (Read 107 times)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
A Good Way To Carry Tons Of Loot Out Of The Dungeon
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

nice.. just clear out the dungeon first so you dont have the spell run out and get stuck with a enemy chasing you

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 11:52:00 AM »

I've got some nifty feather shoes and a feather ring that I can pop on when I'm tryin to loot a dungeon.  They've come in really handy.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

SPOILER below

]If you complete the thieve's guild quest, you receive the gray cowl, which will add 200 to your max carrying capacity.

Equip this with some other enchanted equipment that has feather, and you will be good to go.  When I am wearing my thief suit, as I like to call it, I can carry as much as 800 worht of weight.  
I only have a armor rating of 12 with this though, so I have to  clear the dungeon before changing. . .

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

Man, I need to get into that arcane university so I can enchante a Feather Robe like I did in Morrowind...........those were the days.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 12:15:00 PM »

My strength is between 55 and 65, I forget the exact #, and I'm at work or I'd look it up.

I have a natural ability to carry 335 if that helps.

One helmet that adds +200
Boots that add +25 (Stolen from a shop in the imperial city)
Cuirrass that adds +20 (reward for a quest)
A ring that adds +10 (found in a cave)

So my original # of 800 is way high.  I max out at 590.
Which is pretty good I think, and I don't need to cast a spell to do this.

Plus, I recommend dropping everything in your house before going on a dungeon crawl.  I always do my dungeon crawls with just the armor and the Umbra sword (zero weight) and pick up everything I find on my trip.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

you can always dump stuff into chest and grab it later

alternatively, I put a beer in a clam, I thought it was funny

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 11:05:00 PM »

I just did the Leyawiin mage recommendation just now and I could have used some major feather spells for sure.

I walked in with 29,000 gold and after I sold everything, Im left with around 43,000

the 9 or 10 baddies I killed were loaded with some very pricey armor and weapons. they all had glass claymores and daedric daggers/swords. I have ease burden spell and a feather ring and I can carry something like 430 lbs, but I still had to make 4 or 5 trips. the currasses they all wore came in at 40 or 50lbs each, and the damn claymores were around 50 lbs. plus their boots and whatever else(worth a ton, I believe it was all ebony), and thats about 150 lbs per person or more, and there were atleast 9 of them. Plus I carry the daedric claymore as default and thst 60 some lbs  jester.gif

another recommendation and the first thing Im doing at Arcane is make some feather spells like you guys.

back 2 it....

Strangelove1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

That is a hell of a lot of cash.  Yesterday I was all loaded up even with the feather spell and I killed a guy who had a pretty expensive axe that I couldn't carry.  I didn't want to leave it though and I was pretty close to a city, so I just used the left shoulder button and lifted it into the air and carried it back to town.  When I got to the door, I took it and became over-encumbered, clicked on the door, and then when I got through dropped it and picked it up with the shoulder button again.  Pretty crafty if I do say so myself.

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

This was mentioned on another forum recently.

You can stash stuff in a corpse and drag it around the dungeon.  That way, whatever you cannot carry back, will stay in the corpse.
Drag it to a door, and filll yourself with everything, then go through the door and drop it all in another corpse.

When you get out, find a wolf or something, fill it up and drag it back to town.

Strangelove1

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »

Even better!

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 12:31:00 PM »

lol, dragging corpses, when will the madness end!

actually Im fearful of trying that, lately a few corpses have been vanishing on me. I'll usually go finish the cave and leave it there to loot on my way back but Last night I had 3 vamps totally vanish. I didnt go thru any loading doors or anything either.

You can imagine I started looking around hoping they didnt come back 2 life, lol, they took forever to kill. I didnt want to face them again.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(JustDanMI @ Mar 29 2006, 08:48 PM) View Post

Man, I need to get into that arcane university so I can enchante a Feather Robe like I did in Morrowind...........those were the days.

Na, because in Oblivion you can't wear robes over armor anymore. Rings and Amulets = pwnage! Sicne there aren't magnitude limits for each item when enchanting (excuisite amulet > common amulet in morrowind). In Oblivion, an amulet is an amulet. smile.gif
This means that you can enchant an amulet with the same magnitude of feather as a glass shield.