xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Need A Few Answers About Oblivion  (Read 377 times)

krims0n

• Archived User
Need A Few Answers About Oblivion
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Strangelove1 @ Mar 28 2006, 12:51 PM) View Post

Thanks for the info.  Good post.  I think I'm going to see if I have a save game from a few days ago so I don't have to start completely over but can at least not get totally freaking annihilated and level up intelligently.  It is too bad that you have to deliberately manage your level ups to stay competitive.  It adds a managerial function to the game that is awkward.

This is why I'm glad they have the difficulty slider (with more options then just easy/medium/hard). If I find my character is unbalanced after leveling up then I can modify the difficulty back to a point where I feel it's challenging but not frustrating.

I do put some effort in trying to get +5's when I level up, but I more so want to focus on playing through the quests and exploring then worry about the micromanagement of my character.

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006, 09:13:00 PM »

I need to make a correction to what I have said about stat modifiers. They are actually halved from the number of skill increases. So x5 modifier = 10 skill increases. This is actually better then I thought. You can apply more minors to a level to get your modifier. I just thought I should make that correction.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »

did any one else notice that this game has no children or bathrooms?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

dude, they didnt have plumbing.

and all the monsters eat the kids @ night smile.gif

sometimes I hate being so powerful, the enemies are just getting more numerous and more powerful, and I refuse to take the slider down.

I just met a werewolf, or what seemed to be a werewolf, and right after I killed him, a spider daedra and rock monster come out and proceeded to rape me from both sides, and my damn starlight spell died so I was totally blind  jester.gif

I went in prepared the next time with the staff of fire, that and its 40 points off health along with my nasty shock spell and they were toast....got the blood running though, this game just keeps getting better, and all without touching the main quest smile.gif

by the time I leave this cave, Ill have leveled up again. Oh and I got a $3,500 ebony sword, it weighs 56 lbs though so its getting sold. I may hang onto it for a bit and kill some crabs with it for shits and giggles.

pop.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »

theres not even any buckets!!! maybe they use the sea shells...

Hyper_Eye

• Recovered User
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2006, 10:02:00 AM »

There are buckets. BTW... if you break into Glathirs house (the paranoia guy)... you will find the most gold in his waste basket. I missed it the first time.
Pages: 1 2 [3]