xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Oblivion Disc Prob  (Read 256 times)

s3CKS_c0W

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« on: March 23, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »

Sometimes when my bro plays it will randomly come in and say "disc is unreadable. . ." and wash the disc with a cloth and whatnot. Looked at it and its mint still, so I figure its just a faulty burn or something is glitched on his game. I tried the dump cache trick but it didnt help. So I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. . . I'll end up taking back to get another copy anyway to see if that helps.

Deftech

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »

Ive had mine lock up in the same merchant shop 2 times in 3 days just as he says "Hello there", so its gotta be software related. I had it freeze up on a gate door in one of the towns, same west door both times so again, its the game.

Im not gonna even bother exchanging it.

nightwulf28

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Mar 24 2006, 06:01 AM) View Post

Ive had mine lock up in the same merchant shop 2 times in 3 days just as he says "Hello there", so its gotta be software related. I had it freeze up on a gate door in one of the towns, same west door both times so again, its the game.

Im not gonna even bother exchanging it.

me too, one time.

I was in the tower closing the first gate and the sound went quiet , yet i was still fighting....I am like WTF??  so i continue and BAM, " please clean your disk with a cloth or some shit, then it sends me back to the main interface .  ie.e. crash.  only once, and yes I am pretty damn sure it's software related.  any game of this depth and size is bound to have a glitch or two.  

Since it's happended to others - and on other forums, it's safe to say it's just a software bug.

This game is awesome BTW! pop.gif    blink.gif

s3CKS_c0W

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

hmm. . . it's locked up about 4 times for my bro. And yes. . . this game IS awesome. I knew I would like it but I was afraid it would end up being like morrowind. Play it, quit for about a day or so, play again, quit for almost 2 days and so on. I'm glad I'm still hooked, been watching my bro play alot more than actually play cause he has the next few days off and I want him to play as much as possible. But as soon as he goes back I'm gonna be rocking that sh!t.  laugh.gif

What lvl are you guys? I've played it for about 2 hours at the most and got to lvl 2 lol. my bro is still lvl one but he just figured out he has to raise his major skills. . . and he's a vampire! I was like "wtf? already?" lol

I think its awesome cause you can either stick to the quests, or just go around and siege dungeons.

s3CKS_c0W

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

welp, it just did it to me now. . . hopefully its the disc cause I dont wanna send my 360 back sad.gif

Master X

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

I dont know guys, you should phone 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and ask about it. Since you guys are only experiencing it a little and he is experiencing it alot maybe it could be his Xbox 360? I am pretty sure that this would be a software issue because alot of you are having the same problem. Just to be on the safe side go and phone MS.

s3CKS_c0W

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

I found a tutorial here:  support.mi crosoft.com/kb/909819

take the space out from between mi crosoft, then copy and paste it. . . it kept abreviating it to MS :/

Gonna try detaching everything when my bro gets done lol.

spinr34

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Mar 24 2006, 08:34 AM) View Post

I dont know guys, you should phone 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and ask about it. Since you guys are only experiencing it a little and he is experiencing it alot maybe it could be his Xbox 360? I am pretty sure that this would be a software issue because alot of you are having the same problem. Just to be on the safe side go and phone MS.

if it's software related then don't fill the support line with more calls.  if the box actually breaks then call them (ie. red lights).

s3CKS_c0W

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »

yeah, I'm gonna troubleshoot as much as I can then get another copy and if it doesnt work I'll have to give em a call. . .

Deftech

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 12:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(spinr34 @ Mar 24 2006, 01:50 PM) View Post

if it's software related then don't fill the support line with more calls.  if the box actually breaks then call them (ie. red lights).

agreed

if its only this game freezing for people, its software, no sense in calling MS and getting worried about hardware issues. My 360 has never done this until this game, countless others will say the same thing, therefore its the discs we have. Im not calling MS about it.

Master X

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(spinr34 @ Mar 24 2006, 10:50 AM) View Post

Red lights isnt the only bad sign, constant locking is also a bad sign.

tNCecil

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

Yea, i had to call them yesterday. Was playing, then it froze, turned it on to 3 red lights. Got it to start booting, froze. Came back later, started to play fine, wierd screen then crash, red lights. Went to try today, red lights. Tried again later, booted and froze, red lights again. But now its been working for a while now. Still sending my box back though :\

Deftech

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

If i had the same problem that tNCecil was having, Id be on the phone with them.

When a game freezes in the same exact spot more a couple times, its not the hardware, atleast thats my strong opinion. Same with GUN, when I approached Jenny it would freeze in the same spot in Dodge, it took a few times until it read past the part and it worked. That is not a 360 problem, thats a disc problem, m_hael agreed, hes the 1st person I mentioned it 2 when it happened seeing as he had a hand in it.

If I ever see a red light, I'll call. If Im doing nothing at the dash, and it freezes, I'll call.

When a game locks up in the same spot, the 360 isnt the problem. Everyones paranoid *sigh*

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 07:54:00 AM »

Game freezing can also be Hardware related to 360 = overheating and such

Now, Defecht is right, if the game continues to freeze in the exact same spot, then this is not hardware, this is software = the game not the 360

But if your playing Oblivion and it starts to freeze after a certain amount fo time, this is the 360 and probably because the game is depamnding with all the loading

Mine frooze once, when i did a fast travel it started to load and then frooze ... Nothing since

s3CKS_c0W

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2006, 08:39:00 AM »

you can actually hear the disc stop spinning and then there will be no audio except for the music, then it says "disc unreadable." :/
Pages: [1] 2