xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oblivion Disc Prob  (Read 255 times)

nightwulf28

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(s3CKS_c0W @ Mar 26 2006, 09:46 AM) View Post

you can actually hear the disc stop spinning and then there will be no audio except for the music, then it says "disc unreadable." :/

I am now about 99.9% certain this is a bug ( glitch ).   Numerous people have had the same issue, me included ( 2- 3 times ).  Audio goies blank then WHAM!  please use a cloth... blah blah blah.... then back to the main interface.  Hopefully they are reading some of these forums and will release a patch via live soon.

I have also encountered other small glitches as well. blink.gif

s3CKS_c0W

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »

I hope its the software, but if its the consoles maybe its certain models? I'll have ot check when mine was made. . .

mrstick

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »

definitly software... i dont have any other probs with any of the other games i have... just this one... but i dont mind... the games amazing, lol

s3CKS_c0W

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

yeah, I like it so much I just cant be dissapointed over it!  laugh.gif

nightwulf28

• Archived User
Oblivion Disc Prob
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

Yeah,

I have now encountered the sound going bye-bye and which leads ofcourse to the " please clean your disk etc. " and bumps you back to the dashboard on 3 occasions.  played oblivion 30hrs total.  Its imo the hard drive demanding every ounce of memeory to make this mammoth run.  The 360 has to stream a lot of info from the hdd if i am not mistaken, and these load times, although diminished with the hdd, Still hogs all the hdd's resouces it looks like.  I have also tried mid game to delete some existing saves, and man it takes forever to move about the save files let alone delete them.  What i think is that the games caches so much info to the hdd that anything involving loading , saving etc, clgs up and frags the hdd which in turn leads to slow performance when loading, etc.

Again,  I am sure that Bethesda must have a troll lurking on forums somewhere whom will be passing this info to the poweres that be and hopefully get a damn patch to hopefully fix this issue in general.

Since a lot of this(these) issues are happening, maybe we can get a pin on just the topic itself to see how prevelant this really is amongst Oblivion owners. pop.gif
Pages: 1 [2]