xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Anyone Tried To Find Oblivion Today?  (Read 262 times)

C o s m o

• Archived User
Anyone Tried To Find Oblivion Today?
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »

You could always skip.  I took 2 days off work when Halo 2 was released.

pennywisdom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(wheeties12 @ Mar 21 2006, 11:12 AM) View Post

hahaha well i mean if it were high school hell yeah but its college and the two classes i have today are rather important for my exams next week.

I think Im just going to check again when i finish at 4:15. My only concern is that's about the time kids will be asking their parents to take them to the store which means chances of finding it go slim. But either way im thinking it might not have gotten shipped until today because no stores around here have their copies.

haha thats what i was thinking... what a bad time to release this awesome game... right during final papers and exams. it sucks too because im in my last year and how am i going to graduate with this game distracting me??  tongue.gif

wheeties12

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

hahaha i know...have you found a copy yet? The only friend i have heard from preordered and was called today saying it would bei n this afternoon. So i'm still figuring that the shipments are arriving today or something.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

FYI, Oblivion is shipping via FedEx.  Nail down your FedEx delivery schedule and you'll know when copies arrive.  For my local store, it should be between 12-1.

pennywisdom

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(wheeties12 @ Mar 21 2006, 11:22 AM) View Post

hahaha i know...have you found a copy yet? The only friend i have heard from preordered and was called today saying it would bei n this afternoon. So i'm still figuring that the shipments are arriving today or something.

of course i have dude, look at my gamercard in my sig. i got the game yesterday.

Master X

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

I will be heading off to EB Games after school with a few friends to pick up a copy biggrin.gif

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(pennywisdom @ Mar 21 2006, 04:19 PM) View Post

haha thats what i was thinking... what a bad time to release this awesome game... right during final papers and exams. it sucks too because im in my last year and how am i going to graduate with this game distracting me??  tongue.gif

It isn't fair I know. I have A-level exams in a few weeks and need to rivise. I will have 1 week to play oblivion before I get my mate to hide my xbox 360 from me until my exams finish on the 9th of June.

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

on my way to return my $14.99 xbox live gold pack for one at target right now... cant wait.

KMFDM

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

My bestbuy in VA had about a good 40+ got me the LE one smile.gif

davemire

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »

I called an ebgames here and they had a few copies in already. Futureshop is showing basically every store as having them in stock (In Ontario) LE

I don't want the LE though, $10 more for a coin, I don't think so.

Vicious69

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

I just posted a topic about it but if you're looking for the regular edition CompUSA has them for 44.99 (if your store actually has them).

foolishfocus

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2006, 04:09:00 PM »

I just picked up the Collector's Edition at Walmart. They had 4 of them and a stack of the regular version.  The local Hasting's also had at least 10 regular copies.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2006, 07:16:00 PM »

went to gamestop, i didnt pre order, and there were about 30 copies left, this was about 2 pm, how ever in the period of 5 minutes i was in the store about 8 copies were sold.

~jeff~

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 01:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(davemire @ Mar 21 2006, 11:04 AM) View Post

I called an ebgames here and they had a few copies in already. Futureshop is showing basically every store as having them in stock (In Ontario) LE

I don't want the LE though, $10 more for a coin, I don't think so.

Not True!!!

I got my LE Oblivion this morningat around 10:40 at EB, and they had nothing but LE's so I got it, and I must say, I think it was wotrh it, You get another DVD, a guide book thing to the peoples of Tamriel, and a really sweet fold out case.
its totally worth an extra 10$

~jeff~

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 07:53:00 AM »

WTF I had a gift card for Best Buy so I pre-ordered it from BestBuy.com... The nearest one to me is about a 80minute drive round trip so I figured it'd be better to have it shipped instead of going to pick it up...

I haven't got a delivery confirmation yet so I checked the webpage and it's "Backordered"  grr.gif
the worst part is just about every store within a 30 mile radius of me that carries games has this in stock...

You know, I haven't pre-ordered anything for years because I would continually get burned... I decided to pre-order this because "maybe it's gotten better"... nope, I guess it's back to camping out and running to the store on launch/release day for me  sad.gif
Pages: [1] 2