xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Best Reason Not To Get Oblivion For 360  (Read 239 times)

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Best Reason Not To Get Oblivion For 360
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(griffin XXI @ Mar 20 2006, 12:25 PM) View Post

Console=gaming  PC=everthing else + gaming

And your point?

To run games fine, you need a very expensive PC. To do everything else on a PC it doesnt have to be expensive. Browsing the web and using M$ Office does not require high-end CPU's, GPU's, and tons of RAM.

My point still stands, they spent lots of money on a computer that is capable of playing modern games fine and dont use it. Their own statement about the spending money on the xbox360 and not using it left them open to what I said.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Mar 20 2006, 11:29 AM) View Post

And your point?

To run games fine, you need a very expensive PC. To do everything else on a PC it doesnt have to be expensive. Browsing the web and using M$ Office does not require high-end CPU's, GPU's, and tons of RAM.

My point still stands, they spent lots of money on a computer that is capable of playing modern games fine and dont use it. Their own statement about the spending money on the xbox360 and not using it left them open to what I said.

My point? Don't be obtuse. The reasons are obvious.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Mar 20 2006, 12:29 PM) View Post

And your point?

and what your saying leaves you open for plenty of comments as well.  you talk about us "console gamers" when you obviously have your preferences towards PC gaming.  whatever you can say about us "console gamers" can be said about you "PC gamers".  just because someone isnt buying one game on the PC vs. its console counterpart doesnt mean that they spent $1000+ to not use it, just not use it for this one game.  

ill save any immiture eye rolling that you favor so much and end with this:  all gamers have their preferences for many reasons, why spend so much time getting defensive because some/majority of the people dont agree with how you feel/think?

back to the topic, even if i spent $3000 on my PC for gaming, i would still rather have the luxery and ease of just popping the disk in my 360 and relax on my couch while spending time on a game that could take up hundreds of hours of my time.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

Do you know what it takes to edit large video files and compile dvd's or even work with large detailed photographs.....  Yes you need a very good graphics card to help power the processing of videos.  Not only gamers need a good rig, use some common sense  rolleyes.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

dont make me put the chill the fuck out sig again. PC gaming and Console gaming are like religions no one is going to budge here. The fact that this was posted on a console site is just dumb. Its pretty much like being a christian going to a jewish community saying his god was better and expecting to win the fight.

you know what they say about fighting on the internet

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Mar 20 2006, 12:57 PM) View Post

Do you know what it takes to edit large video files and compile dvd's or even work with large detailed photographs.....  Yes you need a very good graphics card to help power the processing of videos.  Not only gamers need a good rig, use some common sense  rolleyes.gif

Common sense would say that if someone does all that with their computer, they spend most of their time on their computer and thus will play games on their computer. Also, if you already have that kind of hardware, the original topic of this thread would still stand as the PC version is cheaper than the xbox 360 version.
QUOTE(Kage360)
and what your saying leaves you open for plenty of comments as well. you talk about us "console gamers" when you obviously have your preferences towards PC gaming. whatever you can say about us "console gamers" can be said about you "PC gamers". just because someone isnt buying one game on the PC vs. its console counterpart doesnt mean that they spent $1000+ to not use it, just not use it for this one game.

Err...no it cant be said about me since I didnt buy a xbox 360. Therefore it cant be said that I bought a $400 console to not use it.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Mar 20 2006, 07:11 PM) View Post

Common sense would say that if someone does all that with their computer, they spend most of their time on their computer and thus will play games on their computer. Also, if you already have that kind of hardware, the original topic of this thread would still stand as the PC version is cheaper than the xbox 360 version.

Err...no it cant be said about me since I didnt buy a xbox 360. Therefore it cant be said that I bought a $400 console to not use it.

Just because you spend a lot of of time on the PC doesnt mean you have to play games on there too  rolleyes.gif  Im done with this thread because im sticking with the saying lostboyz brought up. If you dont know that saying, do some searching.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 11:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Mar 20 2006, 12:11 PM) View Post

Well said. You don't have a choice, since you are w/o a 360. And to argue the fact on a 360 board seems to me rather questionable.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Mar 20 2006, 01:11 PM) View Post

Actually, common sense would tell you that someone who uses their computer all the time would prefer to lounge on the couch while game in their leisure time.  

So, let's get this straight...  you don't have a 360, but you troll the 360 forums looking for arguements?  Do you have console envy or do you just enjoy telling people they're wrong?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

closing this topic before it gets out of hand... I'm sure people who game on both PC and the 360 can see the price difference on their own and make an appropriate decision based on their personal tastes.
Pages: 1 [2]