xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Oblivion Countdown Video!  (Read 787 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Oblivion Countdown Video!
« on: March 14, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

http://xboxmovies.te...Week-Countdown/

Its at elderscrolls.com that someone posted in the pics thread, but it wouldnt load for me, check it out at the link above!

I can hardly contain myself!

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

It was short but wow, the graphics look amazing. Can't wait for this game.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

If you have erctile disfunction just watch that vid!

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 06:39:00 PM »

holy crap.....i thought i might be able to put off buying this game because of graw but im not so sure anymore...thats amazing

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Mar 14 2006, 07:48 PM) View Post

Hey Def,
so are you going to buy the game after all?

i think anyone with a 360 should buy this game.

sp4zzj4zz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

I've never really played any RPG's, but this just looks too damn beautiful to pass up. So I suppose that Oblivion will be my official RPG cherry popper. wink.gif

beast96

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

gagagagadroool i want a 360 dammit

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 09:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Mar 14 2006, 07:48 PM) View Post

Boy it really does look so much better in motion.
And they hardly showed anything in that clip, just a bunch of grass tongue.gif

Hey Def,
so are you going to buy the game after all?

I was always buying it(I think), keeping it is whole other issue.  jester.gif

If I feel it'll collect dust like Morrowind did after 10 hours, its going on ebay. If its too vast, I wont be able to keep focused on it and I'll end up playing my other games instead. I may however just go thru the main quest and sell it afterwards if its truly only 25 or so hours. The 200+ hours isnt my thing, hence why I liked Fable, nice and short and if it was any longer of an adventure, I wouldnt have cared for it.

*If* I think it looks like ass and it just so happens to have jaggies that are unbearable, the main quest wont see more than an hour, its either being exchanged at EB for FarCry or Tomb Raider, or on ebay it shall go. I am by no means a fan of RPGs. Fable is the only one I ever bought and finished and liked. The rest were either 2 ugly and boring, or 2 long(morrowind).

It could turn out to be one of my all time favorites as well. I stopped speculating long ago about this game, not worth the troubles honestly. There are games out there that I KNOW will blow me away, those are the ones I care about, I bought one of those last Wednesday  love.gif

Ghosts! Mount up!

Oh and let me add that if the visuals please me, and I already know the in game music rocks(been listening to soundtrack all day), that could be enough to keep me interested for a while, long enough to finish the main quest anyways smile.gif

IllusiveX

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2006, 01:41:00 AM »

love.gif  I shall see you soon oblivion... we will be together forever...  rolleyes.gif

sn4k13s

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2006, 07:35:00 AM »

thats pretty sick graphics. im considering getting this game and i dont like rpgs anymore due to my lack of time to play them.  i may just have to quit my full time job and stop supporting my family.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

I hope that helps to further silence the PC elitists that seem the think the 360 version will look like crap.  I wish ballz2thawallz was here to see this laugh.gif  

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tripme @ Mar 15 2006, 02:46 AM) View Post

holy crap.....i thought i might be able to put off buying this game because of graw but im not so sure anymore...thats amazing

Same here!

To tell the truth, I didn't like Morrowind much, but most of the reasons 'why' I didn't like it are things that are now fixed in Oblivion. Wen I play morrowind, I wish the world felt more alive, that I'd actually feel inclined to go into a dungeon and fight, that I'd have fun while fighting, that there would be some inclination for me to go into the wilderness, that talking to npc's would have an actual benefit, that enemies aren't at ever 'unbeatable' levels anymore (really big gripe in Morrowind - walking into a dungeon with tanks inside, meanwhile you are just a calf who can only kill rats in 3 swordswipes), and so forth.

Also, Morrowind had so much useless space. I mean, the landscapes were boring, the fighting was boring once you were discovered by a nix hound or cliff racer, and only once in a while will you find someone standing still in the middle of nowhere to give you something interesting to do.
As you can see, most of those thinhs are fixed. The world is more alive, dungeon crawling looks much funner since there are final 'bosses' and so forth, the fighting looks really fun, the wilderness is more interesting (no brainer), enemies are auto-levelled to you (so, while there will still be easy and hard fights, there won't be impossible slaughters for the most part), talking to npcs is more interactive, there are npcs wandering the wilderness (and imperial guards roaming the wilderness streets to give you a hand if you are in a puddle of mud), etcetra etcetra.

The one thing that still lies within such a massive game with so much to do and so much time consumption is - why do it? This was a more apparent thing in Morrowind because it just got boring. I mean, there was no form of benefit to you, especially in terms of gameplay, because the game world had nothing to offer after a while.
Oblivion, being a more immersive experience, with many fixed elements to what handicapped Morrowind to many players, will certainly be a more rewarding experience. Heck, why not just quest with someone over private chat? That's the beauty of the 360 - you're never alone. Feel a little solitary while roaming the forestry at night with nothing but your summoned scamp (it's a little white goblin-like fella)? Talk to your bud and maybe take on the same quest at the same time.

Everything else about Oblivion aside -- those forests are enough to have anyone convinced that, if you didn't like some aspects of Morrowind (especially if you didn't like some aspects of Morrowind), Oblivion will be a much more immersive and rewarding experience.

-Carlo

If someone has a life to spare, send it to me.

cyberg4

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

I am so glad spring break (for those of us still in high school) is the week after Oblivion is released.  now I just need my 360 back from the Xbox repair centre  grr.gif

VOlition

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(cyberg4 @ Mar 15 2006, 10:04 AM) View Post

I am so glad spring break (for those of us still in high school) is the week after Oblivion is released.  now I just need my 360 back from the Xbox repair centre  grr.gif

Lucky you, our spring break is almost finnished... oh well, we did get to play some G.R.A.W.

JustDanMI

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(sp4zzj4zz @ Mar 14 2006, 10:13 PM) View Post

I've never really played any RPG's, but this just looks too damn beautiful to pass up. So I suppose that Oblivion will be my official RPG cherry popper. wink.gif

Just something to be aware of before you go and get your cherry popped.  Since I havn't played Oblivion, I can't comment on that, but I have played Morrowind.  There is ALOT of reading to do.  It's not really a fast paced game.  And it starts off slow.  You won't be able to do anything spectacular until you get further into the game.  My advice, if you don't mind doing alot of reading, try to not give up on it right away.  Give it a chance to build up to the better aspects of the game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6