xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: What The Hell?  (Read 770 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(thebucketmouse @ Feb 1 2006, 03:00 PM) View Post

If they have to sacrifice something to get the 360 to play the game perfectly smoothly, I'd rather it be shadows than something else, like physics or radiant AI  ohmy.gif

That's assuming that it was the 360 that ultimately the reason for doing away with inanimate shadowing.  There is no proof of this, and the devs have not said one way or another.

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ Feb 1 2006, 09:33 PM) View Post

What will make me angery is if they take out soft shadows and don't release the PAL version untill october!  grr.gif

I think that the game's launch will be worldwide.... (please dont tell me its not...im gona kill myself!!!)

Carlo210

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ballz2TheWallz @ Feb 2 2006, 12:12 AM) View Post

RAI isnt that impressive....did anyone else see the drunk doing a looping animation of drinking thats looked like shit and had a bad sound effect?

cmon bethsada

You really don't understand what AI is, do you? Since when does AI = anything to do with animations and sound effects? Oh, right, we're looking for flaws...

tgm4883

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2006, 02:11:00 AM »

Ok, so I have read through this whole thread.  I'm not exactly disappointed that it was taken out, more like "aww that would have been cool".  I realize how cpu and gpu intensive it would have been.  The game will still rock.  Those who don't think so, good, think that way, it will make my finding this game that much easier on release day.

On that note, I do understand why people are so upset with being told the game could do this and then the game not living up to expectations. (Fable anyone?  BTW, I still thought that game was pretty good)

I do have one question that I would like to ask someone that is working with the actual hardware, someone like m_hael.

Being that this is a first gen game, if this had been a 3rd or 4th gen game and been built on the 360 hardware from the start, would everything that they wanted in there be in the game? (The shadowing, excellent AI, etc)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2006, 02:20:00 AM »

It would have been nice if all stationary inanimate objects had real shadowing (chairs, tables, bookcases, houses, etc.), and just left it off on the other moveable inanimate objects.  I wonder why that would have not been possible?  I guess we'll have to wait and see once we actually get the game in our hands for the final word.  Either way the game will be extremely fun, and i'm eagerly awaiting its arrival.

KAGE360

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2006, 07:25:00 AM »

short new interview....

http://www.gamersrep....com/news/1184/

he talks about how they are being developed seperatly but they are keeping them as close as  possible with the 360 version basically looking exactly like the PC version with all the effects on max.  im curious to how expensive of a rig would be needed to run this game smoothly with all effects maxed out.  cant wait i say just give me the damn game now.

just watching that german video and seeing that spider creature getting slashed and seeing the detail like her screeming.  i saw plenty of good use of lighting and color in that vid even though it wasnt the best quality.

(CC)

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2006, 07:48:00 AM »

Allthough im not bothered about shadows as Oblivion doesnt appeal to me anyway, im slightly worried that the 360s power (at the current time) appears to have been maxed out. Allready.

m_hael

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

the 360's power isn't maxed out "already" just because Bethesda can't put the shadows in right now.... they are good, but there is always room to optimise... trust me I've been optimising half my life.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2006, 09:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 2 2006, 09:32 AM) View Post

im curious to how expensive of a rig would be needed to run this game smoothly with all effects maxed out

Whatever it would cost to build a recommended system specs PC, since most games use the that as an example system that could display the game with full detail.

http://pc.ign.com/ar...5/685072p1.html

Recommended
3Ghz P4 or equivalent - check
1GB System Ram - check
ATI X800 series or higher/Nvidia Geforce 6800 series or higher - son of a, time for a new graphics card, I needed one anyways. I just keep waiting because Nvidia and ATI can't seem to make GPUs quick enough so they are always falling in price and I just can make up my mind.

Minimum
Windows Xp - check
512MB system ram - check
2Ghz P4 or equivalent - check
128MB DirectX 9 compatible GPU - check
8x DVD-rom - check
4.6Gb of free HDD space - check

Almost all PC gamers will already have everything except for the top notch GPU you will need and many PC gamers will already have a X800/6800 or higher.

Ozy

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #99 on: February 02, 2006, 10:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Feb 2 2006, 04:45 PM) View Post

Whatever it would cost to build a recommended system specs PC, since most games use the that as an example system that could display the game with full detail.

http://pc.ign.com/ar...5/685072p1.html

Recommended
3Ghz P4 or equivalent - check
1GB System Ram - check
ATI X800 series or higher/Nvidia Geforce 6800 series or higher - son of a, time for a new graphics card, I needed one anyways. I just keep waiting because Nvidia and ATI can't seem to make GPUs quick enough so they are always falling in price and I just can make up my mind.

Minimum
Windows Xp - check
512MB system ram - check
2Ghz P4 or equivalent - check
128MB DirectX 9 compatible GPU - check
8x DVD-rom - check
4.6Gb of free HDD space - check
Almost all PC gamers will already have everything except for the top notch GPU you will need and many PC gamers will already have a X800/6800 or higher.

So a;
Athlon X2 4800+
2GB Corsair XMSPRO RAM
ATI X1900XT

Will run it smoothly? That's my system. If shadows are on the pc version I'll get it for pc instead of x360.

Also is it all shadows that have been disabled?

KAGE360

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #100 on: February 02, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ Feb 2 2006, 12:32 PM) View Post

So a;
Athlon X2 4800+
2GB Corsair XMSPRO RAM
ATI X1900XT

Will run it smoothly? That's my system. If shadows are on the pc version I'll get it for pc instead of x360.

do you ever read the topics and posts before hitting the reply tab??   huh.gif

to sum it up for you, there will be no effects on the PC that are not on the 360 and vise versa.  the shadows are removed mainly from the small objects that you will be able to physically interact with.  it has been said many times before and should be said again.....read before you post, maybe that way you wont be asking questions that will have already been answered more then a few times in this topic.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #101 on: February 02, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ Feb 2 2006, 12:32 PM) View Post

So a;
Athlon X2 4800+
2GB Corsair XMSPRO RAM
ATI X1900XT

The game will be the same on both PC and x360, thats the devlopers goal. Thats said, if you want to mod the game, get the PC version. If you are not going to mod the game, get the 360 version if you have an xbox 360.

tgm4883

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #102 on: February 02, 2006, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 2 2006, 09:42 AM) View Post

do you ever read the topics and posts before hitting the reply tab??   huh.gif

to sum it up for you, there will be no effects on the PC that are not on the 360 and vise versa.  the shadows are removed mainly from the small objects that you will be able to physically interact with.  it has been said many times before and should be said again.....read before you post, maybe that way you wont be asking questions that will have already been answered more then a few times in this topic.

I must agree it is annoying to read and answer the same question over and over, however, it also sucks to read 8 pages of posts.  Is it possible that we could have a quick summary such as the one over on fatwallet forums?

KAGE360

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #103 on: February 02, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(tgm4883 @ Feb 2 2006, 02:58 PM) View Post

I must agree it is annoying to read and answer the same question over and over, however, it also sucks to read 8 pages of posts.  Is it possible that we could have a quick summary such as the one over on fatwallet forums?

i understand and agree but this is a difference instance.  i dont read through 8 pages either if i havent been in the discussion to begin with but i will AT LEAST read the few previous pages to try to keep up to date with the current converstation on the topic.  ozy has had a history of asking questions that were spelled out and explained in detail time after time.  i understand he's just a kid and this is probably his first console launch he went through but even at his age i took the annitiative to learn things on my own, which was as easy because we didnt have the resources of the internet like we do today.

tgm4883

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #104 on: February 02, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

I totally agree, flame the crap out of him, he should learn to read before he posts.(there should be something to check to see if you even looked at any previous pages before you decide to post)  I came in on page 6 and read the previous 5 pages.  In doing that, I feel more enlightened and if I feel the need to put in my 2 cents, then I can do so without saying something that was said many many many times before.  People need to learn to do a little reading and not expect everything to be spoonfed to them.  (This is the reason that I will never be a mod, because I would have an itchy banning finger)

My suggestion was more a suggestion for the future.  (although im not sure if it would really work, sometime I think the only people who read the stickys are those who write them, not the hundreds of newbs that it would actually help.)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14