xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: What The Hell?  (Read 751 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

There will still be lighting and so forth when throwing a fireball down a hallway, but the fact remains that, if 20-30 little objects like cups and tables reflected the light dynamically when in a room with changing lightsources, and a fireball passing through and knocking them around around, the game would SLOW DOWN. Geeze, use your head Ballz. You think they didn't try to iron it out? They didn't leave them in because they take a seat down from the things that NEED to be in the game, like self-character-shadowing, shading on every texture, havok physics on tons of the objects, Rai, weapon lighting effects, dynamic range lighting, and so forth. Having little objects constantly put off shadows to every lightsource in the room just isn't important when compared to the other things bethseda could've taken out - I'm glad Bethseda knew that when deciding to rethink the object shadowing system.

smile.gif

yaazz

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »

Im complaining, but either way the game will kick ass. I have been playing ESII daggerfall today, and that game is HUGE. kind of neat too

Xombe

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

I am absolutely looking forward to release.  Whenever they release it.. whatever they have to do to make it nice and playable.

jimjom

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xombe @ Feb 1 2006, 06:59 AM) View Post

I am absolutely looking forward to release.  Whenever they release it.. whatever they have to do to make it nice and playable.

absolutley. it's going to look better than xbox1 so yeah... I don't really care for minimal shadowing or whatever. they'll figure it out. I'm sure we're all still gonna be totally railed by how deep it is....

hamwbone

• Recovered User
What The Hell?
« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(corkinator @ Feb 1 2006, 09:09 AM) View Post

Horses apparantly can't enter towns any more and they just run away if you enter a town.

apparently kameo is contagious  biggrin.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #80 on: February 01, 2006, 01:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(corkinator @ Feb 1 2006, 01:09 AM) View Post

Enemies levelling up with you. This is what hurt FF8 on PSX too. In Morrow, you would remember tough characters like the first guy on the bridge, the thugs in the first cave etc. You'd die then when you restarted you had reason to build up your stats abd enjoy doing it. Now if you're level 1 that enemy is level 2. If you're level 101, he's 102. What's the point?

I welcome that.  In morrowind, once you were resonably experienced and strong, the game became a cake walk.  The end boss was about as hard as wet toilet paper.

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #81 on: February 01, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(corkinator @ Feb 1 2006, 10:09 AM) View Post

No flying. (Apparantly speed tree + shadows + higher quality models = terribly low frame rates and ram stutters when flying)

Might be so...although id think that they use an LOD system so it wouldnt be that much of an issue

Not all objects move with physics. Most can't move at all apparantly. The reason given was 'you don't want to walk into a room and have objects being bumped and hit off shelves everywhere.'
Well, actually I'd like that. Only a goose would run into things anyway, so perhaps it was the iffy A.I. walking into things and knocking them over.

Youd liek that, i wouldnt like that...most people wouldnt like going into a house and have all hell breaking loose when they happen to accidentaly touch something with their character

The quick travel is a freakin piece of shit idea. Half the fun of the game was trecking across the huge lands, struggling on low health with ashstorms in your face and having to run from enemies. Sure you can choose to do that now, but having the option hurts it overall.

You are stupid indeed....if you wana run across Tamriel, please feel free to do so...but some people only get to play the game in small doses, and those people can not waste 5-10 minutes just to get back to the quest giver and be done with their quest.

Enemies levelling up with you. This is what hurt FF8 on PSX too. In Morrow, you would remember tough characters like the first guy on the bridge, the thugs in the first cave etc. You'd die then when you restarted you had reason to build up your stats abd enjoy doing it. Now if you're level 1 that enemy is level 2. If you're level 101, he's 102. What's the point?

The point is that the game does not become a cake walk after a certainlevel.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #82 on: February 01, 2006, 09:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Feb 1 2006, 03:24 AM) View Post

I welcome that.  In morrowind, once you were resonably experienced and strong, the game became a cake walk.  The end boss was about as hard as wet toilet paper.

Exactly!  I enjoyed exploring Morrowind so much that I constantly put off the story.  When it came time to complete the game my character was near god-like and the end boss went down in seconds, literally. That was my only complaint with the entire game.

KAGE360

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #83 on: February 01, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

i thought no flying was confirmed a long time ago so where is the big shock and dissapointment there?  kind of weird calling the AI "iffy" when its some of the most AI out there.  people like you will bitch no matter what, they are doing everything morrowind did good and improving while fixing what was wrong.  just by your bitching about quick travel shows how quick you are to complain like a child, if you dont like it, dont use it.  NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO DO ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY BUY THE GAME.

Carlo210

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(corkinator @ Feb 1 2006, 09:09 AM) View Post

Looks a lot worse but you so called fans haven't been following the game that close if you haven't noticed the actual gameplay that has been either cut out or dumbed down so the brainless fruit cakes can handle the game and the devs can make more money selling it to more people.

No flying. (Apparantly speed tree + shadows + higher quality models = terribly low frame rates and ram stutters when flying)

Not all objects move with physics. Most can't move at all apparantly. The reason given was 'you don't want to walk into a room and have objects being bumped and hit off shelves everywhere.'
Well, actually I'd like that. Only a goose would run into things anyway, so perhaps it was the iffy A.I. walking into things and knocking them over.

Horses apparantly can't enter towns any more and they just run away if you enter a town.

The quick travel is a freakin piece of shit idea. Half the fun of the game was trecking across the huge lands, struggling on low health with ashstorms in your face and having to run from enemies. Sure you can choose to do that now, but having the option hurts it overall.

There's quite a bit more that I've forgotten right now. This is becoming the new Fable if you ask me.

1. Flying (Levitation) hasn't been taken out, it just hasn't been added. Each TES game is remade form the bottom up, and certain things don't fit in certain games. Get over this one, buddy. As Pete Hines said, they don't go into arguements over decisions they make to make the best game they can.

2. No rebuttle needed. We have already spoken. Getting arrested for siding near a shelf and knocking down an npc's valuable item (the items that you can get in sh*t for stealing) is not fun, no matter what you say. smile.gif

3. Horses don't enter town for many reasons. Also, only horses that don't belong to you run away. If you hadn't noticed, many animals that you don't either create a bond with or show authority of ownership to run away or aren't loyal. Get over this one too.
[MSFD - Developer]
Mostly because if they could go through load doors, they could go into spaces that were too small for them to fit (like houses). The gates to the walled cities are load doors.

4. Having the option hurts the game? I can choose to be a god and have all skills at 100, but I don't choose to do that because I have the choice. Geeze. Choice = bad? By the way, Morrowind has a teleportation gimmick called Mark and Recall. You know, the thing that lets you instantly transport to a self-placed point on the map. Oh, wait, Morrowind also had a fast-travel feature! It was called a STILT STRIDER. But, oh no, Oblivion is the one to blame, right?. Bad Oblivion!
[MSFD - Developer]
I think that the people who would always choose fast travel over traveling on foot or horseback are also people who would get annoyed at having their trips interrupted. I know that as I've been playing the game, I rarely fast travel. The journey, while it takes longer, is much more fun, and you don't miss out on all the things you can discover on the way.

It's like taking the Silt Strider or boats in Morrowind. If you want a chance at encounters, don't use fast travel. In my playtesting I rarely use it myself; I want to see the countryside and find all the hidden stuff.

5. Enemies don't level up with you. If you get stronger, then they will still put up a fight. Morrowind was too easy once you passed level 20, Diablo 2 is too easy if you stick around in the First difficulity for your characters lifetime. Enemies don't LEVEL UP WITH YOU, they just STAY COMPETITIVE.  There will still be easy fights and hard fights.  don't know what else to say to someone with your level of ignorance on this issue. Oh, wait, let me guess.... Bad Oblivion! wink.gif
[MSFD - Developer]
I would recommend playing the game first. I doubt you will even notice that it's happening. There will still be easy encounters, and there will still be super hard encounters.

[Slateman - Developer]
To second MSFD, we don't auto-level exactly to your level. We have all sorts of adjustments available. If we didn't the game would be boring

Then again, you seem happy the way you are, so maybe I should leave you be.

Ozy

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »

Well I am anoyed about that!

Soft-shadows was one of the features that made it next gen.

*sigh* Halo 2 all over again. I'd rather they delay the game further and make the game perfect than to release it early and cut major features.

That said I will choose stable frame rates over graphics anyday.

What will make me angery is if they take out soft shadows and don't release the PAL version untill october!  grr.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2006, 12:41:00 PM »

pop.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ozy @ Feb 1 2006, 02:33 PM) View Post

Well I am anoyed about that!

Soft-shadows was one of the features that made it next gen.

*sigh* Halo 2 all over again. I'd rather they delay the game further and make the game perfect than to release it early and cut major features.

That said I will choose stable frame rates over graphics anyday.

What will make me angery is if they take out soft shadows and don't release the PAL version untill october!  grr.gif

how is shadows on small object a major feature?!  and if you were paying attention you would understand that they could delay the game for another year and it still wouldnt have shadows, all the set-backs seem to be related to design flaws.  they are releasing the game as good as it could be.

Deftech

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

Bethesda needs to remove all NPCs, and exhange them for Ayane, Lisa, Hitomi and LeiFang. All shadowing can be kept in and I can romp around the world as I see fit.

I know, it was uncalled for. I should be banned  mad.gif

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
What The Hell?
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

RAI isnt that impressive....did anyone else see the drunk doing a looping animation of drinking thats looked like shit and had a bad sound effect?

cmon bethsada
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14