xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Oblivion Question!  (Read 81 times)

jop12

• Archived User
Quick Oblivion Question!
« on: January 26, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »

▼Morrowind: Oblivion is going to be 16square miles. So thats neat and all but, how big is that compared to The £lder Scrolls III: Morrowind with bloodmoon and tribunal expansions included?▼

yaazz

• Archived User
Quick Oblivion Question!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »

Morrowind= M
Oblivion = O  
Exaguration=e

D =  (O-M)^e

Deftech

• Archived User
Quick Oblivion Question!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 10:05:00 PM »

Check this map out...

http://www.oblivionp...reoftamriel.gif

See Cyrodiil? in the yellow? Thats where Oblivion will take place.

Now see Morrowind in the purple'ish color? Morrowind didnt take place in that entire are, Morrowind took place in Vvardenfell, the island above Morrowind.

The difference in size is quite obvious  pop.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Quick Oblivion Question!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 10:54:00 PM »

i have always wondered how they will set the boarders in oblivion.  with morrowind, they had water to keep you confined (if thats even the word) but with oblivion there seems to be mountains only between cyrodiil and morrowind.  it will be interesting to see what they do.  cant wait for the game though!!! did you guys see the new making of movie?  

http://www.xboxyde.c...ws_2511_en.html

it doesnt really show much new (if anything at all) but still its cool to see some of the behind the scenes work.

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
Quick Oblivion Question!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »

When i see the size of Oblivion and Morrowind, i sure miss Daggerfall which had the WHOLE of Tamriel in it (i bet they were the first to use some sort of procedural synthesis).

Heck in a few ways daggerfall was way more featured back than Oblivion AND Morrowind 2gether. You could buy horses, carts, HOUSES, BOATS! The towns were HUGE.

And the voice of the king's ghost screaming VENGEANCE still keeps me up at nights tongue.gif