xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: X05 Notes Regarding Oblivion  (Read 656 times)

kendrid

• Archived User
X05 Notes Regarding Oblivion
« on: October 06, 2005, 09:43:00 PM »

Another Oblivion note regarding this quote:
"According to XBOX World Oct 2005, issue 30, page 94, column 3 :-
Bethesda told us The 360 version is going to be the best looking by far even compared to a top end PC, even if we spend thousands of pounds on the best money can buy.  PC technology just isn't up to this level yet."

Pete from Bethesda said: "We didn't, which is why it isn't in quotes. They're paraphrasing with a few of their own words thrown in so it makes the platform they've dedicated their magazine to look far superior. Imagine that. "

http://www.elderscro...dpost&p=2930854

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »

would that be Pete Hines who I quoted in the other thread?

lol are you purposely trying to confuse Ozy?

tongue.gif

lex luther

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 6 2005, 11:56 PM)
would that be Pete Hines who I quoted in the other thread?

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »

Incase Ozy missed it in the other thread...this is what he said a month or so ago...

Pete Hines..

“The advantage of the Xbox 360 is that it’s designed to run our game, period. You know if you have a 360 it will look as good as it can possibly look. If you have the latest, greatest PC with the best video card, etc., it will probably look the same as the Xbox 360 version. Anything else will lag behind.”

He later goes on to say that , “When people ask us whether or not to do a major PC upgrade or get the console version of one of our games, we always recommend the console version. Our games tend to push the limits of technology pretty hard, so it’s much easier to predict performance on a closed box than one with thousands of possible configurations.”

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »

guess this means 360 is crap and i should go out and buy ps2 instead........ dry.gif

I got another "whatever" for this thread........next....

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ Oct 7 2005, 12:15 AM)
guess this means 360 is crap and i should go out and buy ps2 instead........ dry.gif

Moleman

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Deftech @ Oct 7 2005, 01:08 AM)
I have one I can sell you, it looks like swiss cheese though.

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

I'm very confused!  sad.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2005, 09:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(Moleman @ Oct 7 2005, 07:25 AM)
Sony didn' t put enough ventilation in there anyway.  It seems like they made the same mistake with PS3.  How are they ever going to keep that Cell cool?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

yeah did anyone else catch that the prototype PS3 doesn't have any ventilation holes what-so-ever  blink.gif

I think it's more of a pressure-cooker than a grill  laugh.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Oct 7 2005, 04:28 PM)
yeah did anyone else catch that the prototype PS3 doesn't have any ventilation holes what-so-ever  blink.gif

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »

I'm very confused!

stay confused.....save us all the trouble......its alot easier to get you confused than it is to rescue your sanity..... dry.gif

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 02:18:00 AM »

I was a bit surprised to hear that he didn't like Oblivion's gfx, but then again I remember how badly the Samsung TV sets we're adjusted in TGS, so I'm really not that surprised in the end. It kind of bothers me that the same retailer demo x360 sets will be distributed everywhere with the same crappy settings. mad.gif

But still, it has become obvious that x360's launch WAS a bit rushed when it comes to games - the most of the first wave of games are sadly pretty much more 1.5 than 2.0. But, on the other side I'm glad I'm atleast getting SOMETHING right away, not having to wait to fall 2006 for our console and games, and we know there's a loads of great titles coming up just around the corner.

My december and january will be well spent with PGR3, Saints Row and Condemned. In the springtime we'll have plenty of great titles, including GOW, Ghost Recon and new sequel for Splinter Cell series, of which current installation looks amazing even with current hardware.

So there's nothing to panic about, some games will look better and other games look worse. But that's pretty much the way it has been since the first computer games.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Oct 8 2005, 10:29 AM)
I was a bit surprised to hear that he didn't like Oblivion's gfx, but then again I remember how badly the Samsung TV sets we're adjusted in TGS, so I'm really not that surprised in the end. It kind of bothers me that the same retailer demo x360 sets will be distributed everywhere with the same crappy settings. mad.gif

Ballz2TheWallz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 09:11:00 AM »

i belive this....wether or not the xbox can handle oblivion at max settings,every game needs to be optimized. in xboxs case it needs to multi threaded and be efficient with in order instructions,it needs to be coded to take advantage of the edram,and theyre rushing it out the door because they feel they need to make launch....which upsets me because this is gonna force me to put $1500 into my pc(which it needs because AGP is dead,i need a new motherboard,new video card,cpu is getting outdated,and 1gb of ram isnt enough for todays games)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7