xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Saint's Row...  (Read 672 times)

n00bFRAGGER

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 08:47:00 PM »

It's JUST A QUOTE! lame the magazine, not me.

I'll pick JockStrap over THQ anyday. Since R* are Playstation owned rights, then a GTA for the X360 will be far away. Saint's Row will probably be our GTA until then.

Deftech

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »

LMAO

this entire thread is those 2 going at it(and I just ruined it)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »

cussing.gif  pop.gif

Deftech

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 08:56:00 PM »

sowwy

KAGE360

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2005, 12:27:00 AM »

as far as sony owning the rights to GTA that was only with the last 3 games in the last generation.  this generation is open game people, as far as him quoting a mag or site, i think thats fine.  he was bringing up the quote for opinion and no one can have any of the facts because the game isnt out yet.  so no flaming should be needed.  

personally i dont care much for GTA type games, they usually look like ass (even though saints row is impressive in ways) and they get old for me quickly.  

we'll have to wait till the game comes out before any verdict can be given.  i do think its safe to say however that it wont garner the same amount of hype or popularity as the GTA series, but who knows.

NarutoKun

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2005, 02:34:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Carlo210

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2005, 09:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Oct 15 2005, 12:59 PM)
Sure, you could take pacman, put it in 3D world, give him guns and a throw in a neat soundtrack, but it'd hardly be a pacman-killer.

View Post

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2005, 08:49:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

KAGE360

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »

the whole term is meaningless anyways.  every new game in the genre can be considered the "killer" of the former "king" in that genre as long as it holds up to the standards and beats them in some respects.  however that title would only be held until the next "killer" came along which could very well be the first title that held that title.  basically even if saint row ends up being the GTA killer i see nothing wrong with that as it should push rockstar into building an even better game and retaking the crown as the best game in the free-roam genre.  every new title can be considered the killer until the next new one comes out, so in the end its all trivial.

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 16 2005, 05:10 AM)
the whole term is meaningless anyways.  every new game in the genre can be considered the "killer" of the former "king" in that genre as long as it holds up to the standards and beats them in some respects.  however that title would only be held until the next "killer" came along which could very well be the first title that held that title.  basically even if saint row ends up being the GTA killer i see nothing wrong with that as it should push rockstar into building an even better game and retaking the crown as the best game in the free-roam genre.  every new title can be considered the killer until the next new one comes out, so in the end its all trivial.

portarock

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »

What exactly makes this game a total copy? Has anyone of you saying that ever read anything about this game? Before you reply think about your answer, most of the things people say that make this a total copy can be said about alot of other games. In one of the dev interviews some dev makes the point that a few years ago every FPS was a DOOM copy but now they are simply FPSs and that is what they are trying to do with this game. I know this game has alot of things similar to GTA but why does that make it a clone. COD is like MOH but i dont hear that being called a  clone. What does it have to have in order to not be a clone? Its not mission based, its got online, its got a different control scheme and different gameplay mechanics (all according to devs). What more does it need? I am not a huge fan of these kind of games either I just dont see why people cant give it its "props".

webslinginwr22

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

^ OT. why do all these special olympic arguements always end up being about how someone spelled something? get over it, we all make typo's. we're not journalists.  

anyways, back on topic.

I think this game looks like it will be fun. GTA rip-off or not. I like the fact that there is multiplayer. You can actually customize your character, and not just change his clothes and hair. You can customize his body type, skin color, hair, face, etc. You can't do that with GTA: SA. I like the idea of the "insurance fraud" mini game to make money. Throw yourself in front of cars, but if there are too many witnesses you dont get as much money. Anyways, I dont think this game will be a "GTA Killer" but it should be fun. I'll probably rent it b4 I buy it, but if they make it right it will be in my game library. And when the new GTA comes out, I'm sure I will be one of the first in line to get that. Wait, nah, I wont be in line, I work at Best Buy. I'll have it as soon as we get them in!

a pos ta fee s

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Carlo210 @ Oct 15 2005, 03:25 AM) View Post

Xbox. I see slim differences between them which make buying more than one similar to buying NBA 2k6 and nba 2006 and Nba street 4.

Completely different games sir completely different... try playing them with an open mind and you too will see.

portarock

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »

I thought this thread looked familiar.  laugh.gif  Wow I just realized how long its been snice I posted!  ohmy.gif
Oh well back to lurking.  ph34r.gif

jizmo

• Archived User
Saint's Row...
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

It's good the thread got bumped up.

I still anticipate that Saint's Row has what it takes to make it a kick-ass free roamer. It looked gorgeous already in october, was fully playable, had nice physics, multiplayer modes etc - only a few framerate issues seemed to keep it from being published.

Adding eight monts to developing and polishing a game that was almost ready can't really hurt it - Saints Row might bring us a vivid city that feels much more realistic than those low-poly low-res cardboard houses in GTA.
Pages: 1 [2] 3