xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: *rumor* Project Cherry Blossom? *rumor*  (Read 1370 times)

scooby_dooby

• Archived User
*rumor* Project Cherry Blossom? *rumor*
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 20 2006, 08:41 PM) *

scooby, i understand what you are saying but you are forgetting something that is overlooked pretty often.  im not downplaying whether or not this is a realtime picture.  however what many people dont understand is that the size of the game makes a huge difference in the graphical quality possible.  to compare GoW which will have levels far smaller then the huge cities that take place during GTA games is not the accurate way to compare graphics.  the bigger the game, the more you have to "spread" out your graphical resources basically.  that is why usually the best looking games on a system are the fighting game, less to render and a smaller area to push the graphical power.

a smaller area to pay their artists and content creators to design! That's the key...many sandbox games look excellent, saint's row, mercenaries, the hulk, all looked great for their time, but none of em are as big as GTA.

On the topic of GTA I agree though, this game will be too big to have that level of graphic fidelity, maybe in cut-scenes but even that, GTA historically just has too much content. To develop a typical GTA game with those levels of GFX would probably take like half a decade or something, the art costs would be staggering.

I think the systems themselves would be capable of displaying graphics this good(close anyways) in a sandbox game, the problem is the developers don't have the money/time to create all the content necessary.

This post has been edited by scooby_dooby: Feb 21 2006, 04:31 AM

davinator456

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »

Update: Apparently it’s a photoshop fake courtesy of somethingawful.
check the link again

linkpwns

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

well, graphics have NEVER been strong at rockstar... People say that Liberty City Stories looks like gta vice city, but that never looked good in the first place...

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(linkpwns @ Feb 20 2006, 09:40 PM) View Post

well, graphics have NEVER been strong at rockstar... People say that Liberty City Stories looks like gta vice city, but that never looked good in the first place...

Looks more like gta3 to me?

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(davinator456 @ Feb 21 2006, 06:22 AM) View Post

Update: Apparently it’s a photoshop fake courtesy of somethingawful.
check the link again

And I was just going to say what a load of bull$hit this was tongue.gif

Mark my words, you will not see a GTA title with that level of graphic quality out of the X360 or the PS3!

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

opened it with a hex editor, it seems like a photoshop render from a non-descript 3d engine

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 20 2006, 07:06 PM) View Post

IPB Image
http://www.gaming-360.com/?p=489

though i think it would be great to have a GTA style game with that level of detail, i just dont think the next gen system are quite that powerful yet.  maybe in the next-next-generation but not the upcoming one.  that is also why crackdown developer (GTA originator) chose to have more of a clean and colorful look to their game instead of the photo-realism edge, because the systems are still not that powerful yet.  however the picture is still impressive and speculations and discussions could come from this.

He must be a famous table tennis player! Of course we didnt recognize him though!

corkinator

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »

Anyone who has ever used the 3D program 'Poser' would have spotted that face a mile away.
Pages: 1 [2]