xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Default Folders?  (Read 39 times)

chippyt

• Archived User
Default Folders?
« on: March 08, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

Is there a way to setup default folders for music, photos, videos, etc.? I have my files stored on a computer through SMB, I would love to open music, photos, or videos and have it default to the SMB share?

Thanks  <

abstrakone

• Archived User
Default Folders?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 12:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (chippyt @ Mar 8 2004, 04:43 PM)
Is there a way to setup default folders for music, photos, videos, etc.? I have my files stored on a computer through SMB, I would love to open music, photos, or videos and have it default to the SMB share?

Thanks

I'd like to see the same thing!

I'd also like to see the weather on the screen somewhere all the time too, not just on the weather screen.  <

SigTom

• Archived User
Default Folders?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »

I guess you mean you have some shares on a PC and want to access them with your Xbox thru Samba.  Yeah of course you can, just check the nfo that comes with the releae and it explains how to set it up.  Or you can search the forums here, there are a couple good tutorials on how to set it all up.    <

82ross

• Archived User
Default Folders?
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 03:01:00 AM »

Theres a default tag for each section, ive never tried with samba but i dont see why it wont work. I use it for my normal xbox hdd locations.

CODE

F:\music

Music
    F:\music\

This post has been edited by 82ross: Mar 11 2004, 11:03 AM <

chippyt

• Archived User
Default Folders?
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 09:02:00 AM »

I added my SMB share info to the default section and it works perfect. Now when I click on music, photos, etc. it goes directly to my SMB share on my computer upstairs.  <