xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Samba Shared Files Not Showing  (Read 82 times)

51mmz0rz

• Archived User
Samba Shared Files Not Showing
« on: March 07, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »

I'm accessing samba shares from the network, and some files just don't show up.  I can't figure out if it's an xbmc setting (which is still could be) or some deeper problem.  It's nothing about file types; i'm looking in a folder where all the videos are encoded the same, yet only 1/12 show.  Nothing I do seems to work yet.

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of 'Programs', 'Pictures', etc. from the main menu of xbmc?  <

Bathroom Ninja

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 02:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (51mmz0rz @ Mar 8 2004, 08:48 AM)
I'm accessing samba shares from the network, and some files just don't show up.  I can't figure out if it's an xbmc setting (which is still could be) or some deeper problem.  It's nothing about file types; i'm looking in a folder where all the videos are encoded the same, yet only 1/12 show.  Nothing I do seems to work yet.

Also, does anyone know how to get rid of 'Programs', 'Pictures', etc. from the main menu of xbmc?

do they all have the same file extention?

As for the menu, you edit the xboxmediacenter.xml file.  Wordpad seems to work well for most people.  <

tslayer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 06:10:00 AM »

Hit Unstack on the left menu to show all the files.

For menu, you need to edit the home.xml for the skin you are using, not xboxmediacenter.xml.

TS
 <

51mmz0rz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 08:19:00 AM »

yes same extension; files are also same file name length.  Where's the 'left menu'?

Editing the home.xml never works for me.  How exactly do you do this?  I always get gaps between the buttons and I can't even use them.  Editing it is really easier said than done.  <