xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Python Scripts  (Read 581 times)

love_tropicana

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

love.gif

alx5962

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

a new version of the torrent script is in the work  smile.gif
With local file support and more settings too.

alx5962

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 03:35:00 AM »

bit torrent updated

Read the readmeXbox!

andrusk

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 03:44:00 AM »

I was thinking of this the other day.  

Very sweet!!! Now I dont have to leave my computer on all the time!! I can leave the xbox on instead!!

abstrakone

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (bobdavis @ Mar 11 2004, 01:56 PM)
This is a fantastic way to add new functionality. This would be a great way for someone to create a general RSS client that aggregates news headlines, which would be more general than the Google News script you've got. Great work.

I agree, an RSS reader would be nice... as well as a RSS feed streamer like Avalaunch has.

muerte

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

an rss reader already exists.  i modified it to work more like the avalaunch one.  i'll post the edited version tonight

Beelzabub

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »

hey alex or anyone good with python scripting do you think it would be possible for to write a script that will listen for YAC and display its info? YAC is a ID Caller program that runs on pc and is able to broadcast the Name and Number of incoming calls to stuff that can support it via network/lan here is my thread on more info http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=185220

muerte

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »

i personally have no interest, and therefore probably won't do it.   still, the source isn't in python.  most of the stuff thats been done is already in python (and just needs to be ported), or its a python example

christer

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »

This is really interesting stuff but how do I activate a script? I'm trying to start the Google News script.

alx5962

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2004, 12:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (Beelzabub @ Mar 11 2004, 07:49 PM)
hey alex or anyone good with python scripting do you think it would be possible for to write a script that will listen for YAC and display its info? YAC is a ID Caller program that runs on pc and is able to broadcast the Name and Number of incoming calls to stuff that can support it via network/lan here is my thread on more info http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=185220

i have no 56k modem so i cannot look at this.

alx5962

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (muerte @ Mar 11 2004, 08:30 PM)
i personally have no interest, and therefore probably won't do it.   still, the source isn't in python.  most of the stuff thats been done is already in python (and just needs to be ported), or its a python example

All my scripts were written from scratch except the bit torrent one.
A lot can be made using python, just need a lot of free time  smile.gif

alx5962

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (christer @ Mar 11 2004, 09:52 PM)
This is really interesting stuff but how do I activate a script? I'm trying to start the Google News script.

From xbmc forums (from Darkie, edited by myself):

extract the directories from python.rar (cvs\xbmc\python\python.rar)
to "xbmc home dir\python\"
and if you want some examples you should extract scripts.rar(cvs\xbmc\scripts\scripts.rar)
to "xbmc home dir\scripts\"

you will now have the next directory structure in xbmc
xbmc
 python
     Lib
     temp
 scripts

To execute scripts go to settings->scripts.

muerte

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »

double post

muerte

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

rss2.py

http://drmuerte.no-ip.com/ <-- right click and save to get the modified rss.py (more like ava's rss feed)

Features
* news feed now positioned in a better place (best viewed with newest skin)
* changes news topic every 5 seconds

Future junk
* scrolling newsfeed
* multiple news feeds

if you want to run the script automatically, goto autoexec_RENAME.py, and change the line in it to this: xbmc.executescript('q:\\scripts\\rss2.py').  then rename the file to autoexec.py.  you can also change the rss feed's url by changing RSS_URL = 'http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/xbox-scene.xml' to be whatever rss url you want.

Beelzabub

• Archived User
Python Scripts
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (alx5962 @ Mar 11 2004, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (Beelzabub @ Mar 11 2004, 07:49 PM)

i have no 56k modem so i cannot look at this.

Alex you dont need a 56k for the fact YAC has "IM" type of feature basically it lets you send messages accross the network as well to test or to just send a message across network so you wouldnt need a modem even, Really what the script would be doing is "listen" on the network so when YAC broadcast a message it puts it on screen wether its Name & Number or a Message you broadcasted from YAC on your pc

here is an example from the site:

For Developers and Power Users

YAC has the ability to send short text messages to YAC listeners on the network.  This makes YAC a viable addition to home automation or other solutions involving multiple computers and devices on your network.

The YAC Software Developer's Kit is a web page that will help you understand how to write a listener or write a program that will cause YAC to send text over the network on your behalf.

The YACTextSend sample program shows you how to write a simple Windows program that sends text through YAC to listeners on the network.  Even if you don't care about the source code, you can use YACTextSend in scripts or from other programs.  Just pass the text you want to send on the command line.  For instance, to send the string "Does anyone in the house want to go to dinner?", you would type or run:

C:\YACTextSend Does anyone in the house want to go to dinner?

Here is the url to how to for a script on a "listner" http://sunflowerhead...yac/yac-sdk.htm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12