xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Running Out Of Games To Play, Gamefly Q Is Empty!  (Read 229 times)

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Running Out Of Games To Play, Gamefly Q Is Empty!
« on: April 28, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »

sure ive read reviews, all mixed... i thought need for speed was cool, and i know they are 2 totally different type racing games.

ive actually rented PGR but only played it for 1 lap and shut it off for some reason... i think i had too many games to play at once.

i like the gran turismo series, and im wondering if it can be called a fair comparison as far as gameplay goes...
i know you cant tune your cars in PGR3, but im not sweating that.

anyways... just wondering if i could get some decent input...

is this a game im going to get insanely frustrated with trying to complete challenges?
do you have to make every turn perfect to get 1st place?

eh... input welcome... im more than likely try it unless i get some really bad feedback here.

krims0n

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 05:09:00 PM »

Fun game, bit of a learning curve, but it definitely eases you into the game with the difficulty selections. The graphics quality will stick out like a sore thumb after having played the more recent games.

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

I would pass and get Burnout

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »

already had burnout a couple weeks from blockbuster, and have full auto right now... both fun games, but i got tired of them pretty quick.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »

PGR3 has the most replay and overall most polished racer on the 360, IMO.  The other racers got old quick.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 08:28:00 AM »

there is a demo on the marketplace you can try

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

not too worried about achievements... just looking for something fun to hold me over until hitman and dead rising.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 07:38:00 AM »

You can't compare PGR to NFS... you also can't compare PGR to GT or Forza

it fits somewhere in the middle...

the Original PGR was Metropolis Street Racer for the Dreamcast. The game was essentially a street drift racing simulator that used real UNMODIFIED cars. Based on the type of drift maneuvers you pulled off you earned "Kudos" points. The physics were fairly accurate but with some allowance to make it easier to control and fun to play. As time went on it got further away from drift racing and more towards grip racing (or what you'd expect in a normal simulator).

Games like Forza, and GT have you on race tracks, and how well you do is based on how you tune your car, your racing line and when you brake/accell

PGR you race on city streets that have been blocked off to form tracks (REAL city Streets though, and don't expect to find "short cuts" and other cute game elements, these are designed like real, serious tracks) picking the right car for the track is as important as your racing line and when you brake/accell. Also managing how your car grips the corner is just as important as everything else.

The street courses offer many track elements, tight corners and geometry that you'd never find on a race track.

I've been hooked on the series since it dropped on the DC, This game and DOA are the reason I bought my Xbox 1, and the reason I bought my Xbox 360.

The bottom line is the game is far more serious then NFS or Burnout, but it's less serious then GT or Forza.

b15ginz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »

time for a smart ass remark. smile.gif

get a life and stop playing games, you wont get tired of them. smile.gif

im jk.

i dont like racing thats just me. if i had to get racing it would be need for speed bc i hooked my "whip" up so i can relate to that kind of game. wait until the end of the month, hitman is coming out. smile.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

well, i give gamefly a 1up for actually holding to their word...

i dropped tomb raider in a mailbox by my house saturday, and today they are shipping my next game under the "FastReturn" service...

FastReturn will start the processing of your next game as soon as we receive confirmation from the U.S. Postal Service that a game has been returned in the mail.

guess ill find out if i like PGR.. thanks for the input, sounds like i will.

masc0t

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Raven88 @ Jan 4 2007, 09:19 PM) View Post

One of the hallmarks of the PGR series has always been its volume--the large numbers of tracks set in a variety of exotic locales, and a list of drivable cars that, based on sheer numbers alone, set the mouths of car aficionados agape. That number has been pared down considerably in PGR 3, to around 80 vehicles. But what an 80 it is. Instead of starting you out in a modest VW Corrado or Honda CRX, right off the bat in PGR 3 you'll have access to some of the hottest high-performance rides in the world. Models from elite makers such as Ferrari, TVR, RUFs, Mercedes, Lotus, and Shelby are available to you from the get-go--provided you have the credits to pay for them, of course.

Luckily, money comes quick in PGR 3, thanks to the game's centerpiece, the career mode. The mode's been split into two subsections--a solo career that has you take on artificial intelligence-controlled drivers, and an online career mode that pits you against real-life drivers in a number of online events. By completing events over a variety of difficulty levels (like in PGR 2, difficulty is noted by medals ranging from tin to platinum), you earn credits that pile up quickly and let you fill your garages (yes, note the plural) with the coolest collection of performance autos imaginable.

When it comes to mission variety, PGR 3's solo career mode will feel very familiar to anyone who's played the PGR series before. You'll have your straight-ahead street races, of course, which will pit you against one or more other opponents in a fight to the checkered flag, and elimination races--multilap sprints in which the last driver over the finish line is eliminated on each successive lap. There's more to do than simply drive fast--in the PGR world, driving with style is just as important as stomping on the accelerator and pointing your nose at the finish line. So the kudos system is back, serving as a measure of your ability to feather your car around corners, maintain awesome drifts around tight turns, and avoid the ever-present walls and other barriers

My conclusion is that it will be money well spent on this game as it has great graphics and sound! Career mode will take you a few days to complete if you are a hardcore gamer but online mode has endless possibilities!

Dude, May 1 2006, 12:42 PM Heh...

silentsnake

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

am gonna pick this up, I just got a 360 2 weeks ago and I wanna try PGR3