xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pgr3 Tournament Underway...  (Read 497 times)

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
Pgr3 Tournament Underway...
« on: April 17, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

Yes! The PGR3 tournament is going on right now. However qualifiying is going to be tough. I can hardly break the top 500. You have to actually get in the top 64 in order to get the achievement.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 10:20:00 AM »

WTF enough with the exclusive achievements already  sad.gif

BTW how much is that one worth?

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

It's good for 50. My advice is to hit up the next tournament at midnight pacific time whenever it happens.

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ Apr 17 2006, 05:47 PM) View Post

It's good for 50. My advice is to hit up the next tournament at midnight pacific time whenever it happens.

I dont understand why that would help. The tourneys have 2 week qualifying period. so even if you made in the top 64 you could be bumped out before the second round even started. You just gotta be good!

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

What I was saying is that as far as getting the achievement is concerned, getting to it early is the best way to go about it. To actually stay in the top 64, you'd better do it all week long just to make sure you stay there.

fastTOE

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »

so, do you just have to have been top 64 at one point during qualification? or do you have to end in top 64 after the 2 week period of qualification? (more likely,... also, i think that's what tonloc was getting at)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

The Achievement description states:

Qualify for a tournament and play in the first elimination round

Which means that not only do you have to make it through to the end of qualification but you also have to show up for the first race.

Checking the MyGamerCard leaderboard I don't see ANYONE who's earned it yet, which to me says that, yes qualification must have ended and you must have competed in the first race.

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 09:27:00 PM »

Freaking A! I might as well not even try  blink.gif

You were on the right track Tonloc

tonloc79

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »

Yes, you have to be a PGR3 god to get this! im sure all 64 will have the exact same time, which will be a perfect race, id be willing to bet that the people who can manual shift are at an advantage.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2006, 12:39:00 AM »

manual always has a advantage.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(mgamer20o0 @ Apr 18 2006, 02:46 AM) View Post

manual always has a advantage.

not always, There are a few cars who's automatic counterparts outrun the sticks in road race tests (the new Z06 actually, Also the Audi's with the CVT autos outrun the manual couterparts). Autos are often perfered in straight line racing as well because they can shift faster and launch easier.

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »

ouch:  North American tourney qualifying time is 54.1 sec.  you get the Gallardo to drive, no kudos...just time.  I tried about 10 times and couldn't get closer than 7 sec over at what i thought was my best.....so yea, this shit is pretty hard

Legendary Badass

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

I've had a run that started great, and a run that ended great, but never within the same run. I found that the first S turn can be taken at full throttle, but it can take some practice. Also there is a turn in the middle that can be taken at full, it is at a checkpoint. I keep bumping the freaking wall at the decreasing radius turn. I think you'll need to go manual and powerslide like god to get some of these harder ones down.

Fuel90

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

Wow, well how do you have to get in the top 64? 2 weeks? Well, I wish we could use one of the new cars.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2006, 07:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(Legendary Badass @ Apr 18 2006, 08:48 PM) View Post

I've had a run that started great, and a run that ended great, but never within the same run. I found that the first S turn can be taken at full throttle, but it can take some practice. Also there is a turn in the middle that can be taken at full, it is at a checkpoint. I keep bumping the freaking wall at the decreasing radius turn. I think you'll need to go manual and powerslide like god to get some of these harder ones down.

you can still shift with an automatic... just use it when you need it  wink.gif
Pages: [1] 2