xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pgr3 E-brake  (Read 168 times)

McDirty

• Archived User
Pgr3 E-brake
« on: January 29, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

I wouldn't say I was experienced at pgr3 (I struggled with this game, although I found it easier than pgr2), but here is my opinion anyway

if you can’t get the hang of it - don’t use it

I only ever used it in cone challenges (I hate em), drift, and time vs kudos I think.

If your going for fast times, sliding isn’t going to help your cause.

slow into corners fast out.

If your going for Kudos (cone challenges), then you need to slide, and unfortunately the e-brake (Handbrake) is probably the easiest way to force the tail out.

adfinder23

• Archived User
Pgr3 E-brake
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

Probably not helping because I don't use the ebrake in PGR either. However, in NFS:Underground while doing draft races I would swing the control stick back and forth a couple of times to get it out of a spin and keep control.

fastTOE

• Archived User
Pgr3 E-brake
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

i use it a lot, i'd recomend trying to get familiar with it,.... it's crucial to master

mckenn88

• Recovered User
Pgr3 E-brake
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

i use it sometimes, only really for going around tight turns. only tip i have is that i found that if u gun it right out of the slide u lose control a lot more so i usually just feather/tap the gas right after n it helps me to not slide as much...but im no pro.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
Pgr3 E-brake
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

its something you should learn in almost every racing game. i havent had the time to play it much so i havnet mastered it yet. there usally a lot of turns you can slow down a little and take with out having to brake.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Pgr3 E-brake
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »

well i dont use it with A or B class cars because they have enough power and braking power to get any drift going. E class and D class i use it a bit, but just to start a drift

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Pgr3 E-brake
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

In drift racing I use a combination of the normal brake and the e-brake in my corners (yes both in the same corner)....

Remember the Normal Brake is for decelerating, and the e-brake is for locking the wheels up and sliding.

If I'm going for track times the only time I use the hand brake is for tight corners greater then 90deg...

I'll use the regular brake but if I'm heading around the corner a bit too hot and don't have enough turn in me I'll tap the e-brake to help bring the car around.

For a quick recovery from an e-brake slide NEVER stomp on the gas. Remember when e-braking your tires have lost traction with the ground, it's easier to spin them and hitting the gas will only keep them from getting traction back.

Typically after an e-brake slide I'll feather the normal brake or not touch any brake or gas at all until traction has returned then you can get back on the gass...

Also with the more powerful cars, coming out of a normal brake or a dead stop it's better to feather the gas to keep your tires from breaking loose, that will give you better acceleration and faster recovery out of the corner.

I use the e-brake quite frequently, but there is no case where I ever use it exclusively, quite a few time/position based races I'll go without using it at all.

EDIT: I should also note that not only will keeping traction help you corner and accelerate better but it will also make it harder for other cars to spin you out.

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Pgr3 E-brake
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

yea, that e-brake takes some getting used to.  and of course its different for every car since some (like the lambos, and skyline class A, clk class A) hardly slide at all when you e-brake.  but what i think some of the pros do is use the e-brake simultaneously with the gas, letting them whip around corners, keep their speed and keep their traction.

Also, if you are driving manual gears (which helps A LOT) you can always recover quickly by upshifting, getting yourself straight, then downshifting again to pick up speed.  if done at the right timing you really won't lose any speed.

but like another poster stated, its best to slow in and speed out of the turn rather than trying to slide around it, because you simply lose too much speed.  only on hairpin turns is it really needed.