xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Real Life Comparison  (Read 216 times)

alsybub

• Archived User
Real Life Comparison
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 08:05:00 AM »

Looks incredible. Although I already knew it does. For those people that say it looks bad when playing it do you play on inside view or outside? Don't forget that PGR3 has been designed to be played from inside view even if you don't usually play that way. You find that you drive as if you are in a car rather than like it's a game. Also on the inside view all of the extra filters are applied including the reaction of the eye to light and so it looks amazing. Shame on those that think NFS:MW is impressive.

Joergen

• Archived User
Real Life Comparison
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

Having fiddled with the VGA cable yesterday I got a clearer picture of what the image looks like and truly at 1280x720 (garage) and 1024x600 (ingame) it could use a smidgen more of AA, but at standard resolution its downscaled from 1024x600 to 640x480 and uses MEGA AA, reminescent of supersampling (which it is). At SD any jaggie you see is just because it isnt blurred entirely to hell like past gen games, but actually has some sharpness left to it.

But games like FNR3 demo seemed to have excellent AA despite the resolution. And that is the future for 360 when the devs get a grip of the 10MB EDRAM tiling.

edit: and whos the idiot who changed the night picture into some girls on a bed!!

deacon187

• Archived User
Real Life Comparison
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 12:45:00 AM »

atleast you all got to see a girl in panies on a bed all i get is a blank page with no not found error or anything, just a plain blank page

Kernal69er

• Archived User
Real Life Comparison
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(alsybub @ Jan 11 2006, 10:12 AM) View Post

Looks incredible. Although I already knew it does. For those people that say it looks bad when playing it do you play on inside view or outside? Don't forget that PGR3 has been designed to be played from inside view even if you don't usually play that way. You find that you drive as if you are in a car rather than like it's a game. Also on the inside view all of the extra filters are applied including the reaction of the eye to light and so it looks amazing. Shame on those that think NFS:MW is impressive.

I agree with you NFS is more impressive

I like looking at the car models and you can't deney NFS MW has better looking car models than PGR3's carttony cars. but yes PGR3 has solid scenery

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Real Life Comparison
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kernal69er @ Jan 15 2006, 10:26 AM) View Post

I agree with you NFS is more impressive

I like looking at the car models and you can't deney NFS MW has better looking car models than PGR3's carttony cars. but yes PGR3 has solid scenery

exactly how are PGR3's cars "cartoony"?

PGR3:
http://xbox360media....20092554383.jpg

Real Life:
http://www.atspeedim...ngine_cover.jpg

I don't know what kind of animation you've been watching...
The graphical style of NFSMW is a knock-off of a Fast and the Furious movie, the graphical style of PGR3 is a knock-off of a race broadcast.

The only time I would consider PGR3 graphics to be cartoony is the pre-release screenshots of incomplete car models... which leads me to believe you haven't played it.

woofis

• Archived User
Real Life Comparison
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2006, 01:50:00 PM »

i said it once and i will say it again... pgr3 is the best looking game out to date for the 360. nfs is alright but gets boring. also has framerate issues. i recommend pgr. the scenery graphics are amazing.... i too think nfs sucks and is not worth 60 bux.

Deftech

• Archived User
Real Life Comparison
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2006, 01:59:00 PM »

NFS looking better or as good as PGR 3? I understand its subjective, but thats like saying Splinter Cell 1 looks better than Chaos Theory.

Holy poops I must be in the twilight zone.

Hey they have  pop.gif here!

cyberg4

• Archived User
Real Life Comparison
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

dowload the demos of each game if you do not own them before making comments stating as to which looks/is better.  As for the pics it was hard to tell which one was real and which one was PGR3.  Kudos to Bizarre for making such a great looking game (with good gameplay)
Pages: 1 [2]