xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Computor Monitor Display Problems  (Read 275 times)

ModMouse

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Computor Monitor Display Problems
« on: December 27, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »

I've brought a monitor maxing at 1280X1024 and wont display in widescreen but instead stretches the image which causes a distortion of the cars and low quality graphics (Jaged lines).
Perfect Dark Zero displays fine and shows up in 16:9 (Widescreen).

I know others have wrighten about this in the past but the search will not work on this site so if anyone knows what i need to do.

PS. ive tried running it in 1024x768 and PGR3 displayed in widescreen but still cars had jaged line but nothing was distorted

deadpool66

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »

Some games wont play in wide screen on non widescreen monitors, like Cod2 and Quake 4 and pgr3 and yes there are jaggies i assume this is becuase of the resolution on monitor is much sharper than most tv's making jaggies more apparent still looks awesome though and I dont belive that it distorts the image Ive been playing at 1280x1024 since I got the vga adapter.

shodanjr_gr

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

Same thing happens to me as well. And after playing the game like that for some time i think id prefer if it would display in letterbox mode. All the stretching makes the cars look ugly.

ModMouse

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »

well i go to the settings area of the xbox 360 area and then go to display settings then you will see a whole list of differnent ones to choose from. oh so many to try but 1024x768 seems to do the trick for now im going to see what the others do cool.gif