xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Smb Slow  (Read 32 times)

jkaero

• Archived User
Smb Slow
« on: March 05, 2004, 02:26:00 PM »

I have my xbox setup in another room and connected wirelessly to my network.  I was using XBMP/RelaX to stream media to it but i just switched to XBMC/SMB, it takes forever to list whats in the shared directories and to stream anything, i also tried using ccxstream but that didnt seem to work any better.  When i used relax and xbmp it was much much faster...any way to fix this?  <

akarnid

• Archived User
Smb Slow
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 04:40:00 AM »

What build are you using?   I had this problem before, but with the 2/12 build SMB is lighting fast - abt. 10-15 seconds to read a folder containing 45 gigs of music.  That to me is improvement!  <

jkaero

• Archived User
Smb Slow
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 09:05:00 AM »

I have been using the 2/12 build  <

sauroneru

• Archived User
Smb Slow
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 02:12:00 PM »

I also have problems with SMB being very slow (although it works, sort of).  CCX did fix my problem though, so you might want to see if there's something in your local network holding you up.  <

tslayer

• Archived User
Smb Slow
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »

If you are on windows XP, this has solved a lot of people's problems with the new SMB implementation.

http://www.tweakxp.c...ay.aspx?id=1557

Another thing to check is ID3 tags.

TS

Herg

• Archived User
Smb Slow
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

Another thing that I ran into was that my music folders were painfully slow to load over SMB, but video were blazing fast.

It seems that at least the 2-12 build does some sort of parsing of any M3U files.  If I disable the M3U files in my XML the problem disappears.

This post has been edited by Herg: Mar 9 2004, 12:29 AM <