xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: What's Better : Need For Speed Or Project Gothem?  (Read 1135 times)

Stigmatica

• Archived User
What's Better : Need For Speed Or Project Gothem?
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

so how many different cars are in NFS? cuz im thinking of buying it. i like the looks of PGR, but i find it hard to drive, i could never figure out the phsyics of that game and just crash into the walls too much.

Stigmatica

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »

well i really want a racing game, when does test drive unlimited come out?

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »

i vote for project gothem. the only nfs game i liked was underground.

spearfree

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »

I like NFS, but if I ever wanted real racing game I would go with GT/2/3/4. Since GT series are not out for xbox/360 I would go with Forza anytime over PGR1/2/3. I think you should wait for Forza 2.

Well to answer your question, get NFS (if you are NOT into some REAL racing--realistic).

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(Stigmatica @ Dec 23 2005, 02:19 PM) View Post

so how many different cars are in NFS? cuz im thinking of buying it. i like the looks of PGR, but i find it hard to drive, i could never figure out the phsyics of that game and just crash into the walls too much.

that a good point to actually buy PGR3 since it has tons more cars, NFSMW has only like 34 different cars, yet i still like it better than PGR3

Mick Garvey

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2005, 01:04:00 AM »

No contest whatsoever, handsdown PGR3.

Graphics ------------------- PGR3
Gameplay ----------------- PGR3
Sound --------------------- PGR3
Replay -------------------- PGR3
Not being made by EA --- PGR3

Anyone that says otherwise just cannot handle the controls so they just drop the game. Seriously If I owned a NFS title I would be embarassed if a friend of mine came over and saw it on my counter or something.

PGR3 OWNZEZEZ 1337!!!!ONE!!!111!111!!! NFS
PGR3 > NFS anyday!!!111!1!1

muhaha.gif  muhaha.gif  muhaha.gif  muhaha.gif  muhaha.gif  muhaha.gif

bigphill911

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

yah basically what they said pgr3 is much more realistic and has way better graphics. NFSMW is fun if your into the arcade racing games like Ungerground 1 & 2 were that are completely unrealistic. *don't get me wrong because I loved underground 1 & 2* I like both of the games but overall I'd say PGR3 gets my vote.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005, 08:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Dec 23 2005, 02:03 PM) View Post

No. Are you referring to the PC version or Xbox's Brotherhood of Steel? Sounds like a fun game from your description. I'll have to give it a whirl when I get a chance.

The PC versions, Fallout 1 & 2. Don't touch Brotherhood of Steel, that game was complete crap and was nothing like the real fallout games. beerchug.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »

you can't really use Xbox 360 launch titles as an example of gameplay improvments...

Developers will typically go the past of least resistance in terms of how far they can advance something with new hardware.

When analog sticks, analog triggers, vibration etc came out developers made use of it. If all else stayed static and they made use of this new technology it was worthwhile.

with the 360, particularly with the launch titles, the newest tech allows for better graphics and live connectivity so THATs where you're going to see the most improvements being made.

gameplay improvements will still be made though at a snails pace by comparison.

The further games this gen get towards reaching diminishing returns in terms of graphics and live connectivity you'll start seeing innovations pick up in other areas.

If you want a system that's going to have major innovations in gameplay from the get go and low concentration on graphics then get a Revolution when it comes out. Nintendo is going for tech that supports gameplay innovation so that's where the developer effort will go because it's the path of least resistance in terms of upgrading games.

If you want to know what kind of innovations will be made with a new system just look at the tech. It's obvious MS was going for better live connectivity. It's obvious Nintendo is going for better gameplay, and it's obvious that Sony is just going for better graphics.

tayl0124

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

Pgr3 all the way.  This game is soo fun. The online play alone would have been enough for me to get this game. but I got it at launch and am very happy with is.  So happy in fact, I am going to go play it now.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Dec 28 2005, 12:59 PM) View Post

Speaking of hardware, I heard that the 360's controller does not have pressure-sensitive face buttons. Is this fact or fiction?
FACT...

Back on topic

If you look at the 3 racing games available for the 360

Project Gotham Racing 3

Ridge Racer 6

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Need for speed most wanted shines in terms of story. If for no other reason then the other games don't even have a story. NFS has the smallest selection of cars (they are all REAL cars) but makes up for it by letting you upgrade your car. It's got arcade physics in fictional locations. The races take place in fictional locations with non-racing traffic. Because the game is so story based, aside from the fairly basic multiplayer options it's got little in terms of replay value. Also Graphically the game is a port of a last gen title so it's got the least graphical prowess of the three. The Sound effects are nice but not realistic and the Soundtrack is almost entirely RAP.
Choose Need for speed if you want a plot to your racing game and the ability to upgrade your cars and don't care much about graphics.
Choose Need for Speed if you want gameplay that sides towards a point and shoot, straight line driving style.

Project Gotham Racing 3 shines in terms of graphics, live connectivity, and replay value. PGR3 was built from the ground up as an exclusive Xbox 360 title. In fact aside from RR6 and DOA4 there are no other games available that were built from the get go exclusively for the 360. The Physics are a sort of grey area between simulation and arcade. Though they lean slightly more towards the sim side. Hardcore sim fans will write them off as arcade but in the grand scheme of things they're more simulations based then arcade based. There is a fairly large selection of REAL cars (about 80) and a large number of REAL locations (with NO non-racing traffic) to race. There are 5 cities you can race in each with about 10 tracks, Also there is a track builder so you can create your own routes through whatever city and race it. The game makes use of just about every new Xbox 360 feature there is, as it well should seeing as it's one of MS's launch showpieces. And there are enough things to earn and modes to play that it will take you weeks if not months to play earn and play through it all. The Graphics are some of the best available on the Xbox 360, The Sounds are all very realistic and the Sountrack is enormous and covers a VERY wide spectrum of genres.
Choose PGR3 if you want replay value, realistic cars, graphics, and physics, and something that will show off the abilities of the 360
Choose PGR3 if you want gameplay that sides towards lots of tight turns and challenging cornering/power-slides.

Ridge Racer 6 is another title that was built from the ground up exclusively for the Xbox 360, Because of this it's got fantastic graphics however RR6 is completely based in fantasy. Unlike NFS and PGR you race on actual tracks as opposed to city streets. It's got the most cars and the most tracks in comparison to NFSMW and PGR3 but none of them are real. This game shines in terms of it's uniqueness. Trick style drift racing, and low to moderate cornering. The game is very much an Arcade racer similar to Burnout but without the crashing. Where PGR3 got it's replay value from various challenges and game modes, Ridge Racer 6 gets it's replay value from the shear number of places to race. Similar to NFSMW there is much more concentration on single player then multiplayer here. The game also has a somewhat stylized, unrealistic CG look to it (though some people like that). The Sounds are fairly generic and the Soundtrack is techno, unique to the game I believe.
Choose RR6 if you want TONS and TONS of options in terms of tracks and cars, stylized graphics and decent replay value.
Choose RR6 if you want Arcade style gameplay with lots of trick moves

In Terms of Graphics:
PGR3 > RR6 > NFSMW

In Terms of Audio
PGR3 > NFSMW > RR6

In Terms of Story line:
NFSMW > RR6 > PGR3

In Terms of Features/Game Modes
PGR3 > RR6 > NFSMW

In Terms of Realism
PGR3 > NFSMW > RR6

In Terms of car and track choices
RR6 > PGR3 > NFSMW

In Terms of Replay Value
PGR3 > RR6 > NFSMW

In Terms of Multiplayer
PGR3 > NFSMW > RR6

My personal preference: PGR3 > RR6 > NFSMW

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »

damn
did some one pay you to do that tripple review...

Mick Garvey

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »

Lol RR6 is even > than NFS:MW

NFS:MW is an unloved title, when I first saw the movies for it a long time ago I was flippin out cause it looked so nice but the graphics in it now are comparable to my Magnavox Odyssey......

Kernal69er

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2005, 08:03:00 PM »

Got PGR3 yesterday as a gift, played it today

I think the game is boring, graphics in the background look ok but cars, when driving look arcade, no shine. I have NFS demo and graphics look allot beter, leaves on trees, shadows and cars look real. I am confused why people are saying PGR3 looks awesome, I see no difference in PGR2 which I didn't care for. NFS looks better and has arcade features like boost and bullet time thing (slow down like max payne) Which i think is great

If anyone wants to trade me NFS MW for my PGR3 I will do it in a haeart beat just message me

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »

PGR3
Pages: 1 2 [3]