xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing  (Read 368 times)

Marrvia

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »

There definitely is aliasing in this game.  Your tv shouldn't really have anything to do with it.  If there's aliasing, there just is.  There's not a whole lot, but it is definitely noticable.  I use an 57' Hitachi HDTV at 720p. I've played 6 360 games so far, plus a few demos, and this is the only game I really notice.

Romps

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2005, 03:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(shodanjr_gr @ Dec 4 2005, 12:15 AM) View Post

I dont actually see any jaggies. The jaggyness you might notice sometimes is a side-effect of the reflection effect on the edges of cars and spoilers.

Also guys, i run games on my PC at 1280x1024 with 4x AA and you still cant eliminate ALL jaggies. PGR3 looks f*cking great so please please quit complaining.

Im not complaining as such but this is next gen, I still play pgr3.
But i do expect the games to be polished to the max they can, when paying upto £50 a game.
Or we will end up like sony
thousands of games
but only a handfull of eye catchers and playable games
and the rest rushed out old ash games for profit to make that handfull of eye catching and playable games

redwolf

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(unclepauly @ Dec 4 2005, 02:24 PM) View Post
I wonder if ms lets them slide a bit bc they are in-house or whatever the term is? Maybe they're not very good optimizers.

not sure how long they had or in development for. but the time schedule WAS short (final dev kit) to release this game , so they had to release it ASAP for X360 launch day and failing the "standard". game such as GR3 & Oblivion were pushed back, maybe they do have similar issue.... lol PDZ were boxed up before they had age rating licence M$ rushed them tongue.gif .

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »

phew!  thot my TV mighta been effed up or something!  cuz i always noticed jaggies, usually near the top of the car, the roof line.  now, one way to get rid of some of them is to turn the sharpness down.  i had it set high for the PC, and forgot, so i turned it down and it looked much better, tho still noticeable from 6 ft away on a 26"er.

but at least i'm not alone, cuz that always sux  sleep.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »

Ive been playing this game SOOO much, beat it on the hard level and played many games on live.  I play it on my HD 65 inch sony and the game is amazing!!!  I dont know where your saying all these jaggies come from.  unsure.gif Someone posted about the shinyness of the car and yes it does look like jaggies from the shine but thats what it is.  If your seeing jaggies then try moving the camera around and look more closely at where you see the jaggies.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Romps @ Dec 4 2005, 06:01 AM) View Post

Im not complaining as such but this is next gen, I still play pgr3.
But i do expect the games to be polished to the max they can, when paying upto £50 a game.
Or we will end up like sony
thousands of games
but only a handfull of eye catchers and playable games
and the rest rushed out old ash games for profit to make that handfull of eye catching and playable games

i think its safe to call PGR3 a next gen game still even with any complaints.  also i do think this game is polished to the max, for a launch title.  its obvious that some games (not just this one) were rushed out to make launch day, its normal for the launch of a system.  in a video interview at kikizo.com, the devs at bizarre mentioned how the programmers wanted to start the code from scratch once they got the final dev kits because there was so much untapped power in the system with their existing engine.  If PGR3 is the bottom of the barrel that devs like them can accomplish with this system then it will be good time for gamers indeed.

maxgeek

• Archived User
Pgr3 And Anti-aliasing
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Oddish @ Dec 7 2005, 10:25 PM) View Post

Choose any car you like and race it in chase view. If you don't see "jaggies" at the end of the roof where the windshield starts, you are blind. I'm not joking, you are blind.

I agree, if you are running it with VGA cables or on HD, there are jaggies. The game doesn't seem to use any FSAA. If you are using it at 480i with RCA cables its probably not clear enough to see jaggies.
Pages: 1 [2]