xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pgr3  (Read 161 times)

jvanepps

• Archived User
Pgr3
« on: October 27, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »

does he have a console to play it on? or just a 90% complete game? in less then a month, we will have 100% complete game and the console.

Heet

• Archived User
Pgr3
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »

I think if he has it and is impressed by the game then its safe to assume that he has a console.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Pgr3
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »

do they explain how he got the system and game? maybe from bizarre?  maybe hes one of the testers for the game or something, is he taking questions from the forum?  all i really care to know is if there is AA enabled and how the sense of speed is.

KAGE360

• Archived User
Pgr3
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(gaz_dennis @ Oct 27 2005, 02:26 PM)
he has been taking questions,not sure hes mentioned to much thats new.the box was from ms with pgr3 on the hdd.i cant see aa mentioned,just cube mapping?he does mention the speed is impressive so...

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
Pgr3
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(gaz_dennis @ Oct 27 2005, 03:26 PM)
he has been taking questions,not sure hes mentioned to much thats new.the box was from ms with pgr3 on the hdd.i cant see aa mentioned,just cube mapping?he does mention the speed is impressive so...

gaz_dennis

• Archived User
Pgr3
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »

this is one of the posts the guy has made,his name is bocman on the forum.i think he is german.just checking to see what else he says!!

Man, I really must stop myself from playing more..it´s brill! My "Overtake 5 cars" did end in a fat medal for "3 back-to-back-wins", hurra!

So, now I´ll try to give you some answers, but I won´t list all the menus HOGO, since I just don´t have the time for it..sry..

Here we go:

- No weather effects in this build and I´m guessing there won´t be any, which is fine for me. You can switch to "night", "overcast" and "sunny" - which is my favorite - the lightning (the way the scrapers are lit then) on the skyscrapes just blows me away.

- You can turn the names above the cars, off!

- NO texture pop up

- almost perfectly consistent framerate (Sry, I really can´t tell the FrameCount - fact is: The car´s are going so fast, that you are afraid to push it more - the sensation of speed is TOP !!  

- cool music, which fits perfectly, IMHO

- You can do some fancy things in the options-Menu. You can "advance set" the sound output - TV, Home-Theatre or Hi-Fi - cool! My 6.1 system will use this  

- The sound of the cars is even better than in GTR or GT Legends - so is the cockpit view

- CubeMapping is ON - this is a real next gen effect, guys..looks super!

- PhotoMode isn´t ready in this build. But you can play with it, just don´t save the foto  

So, I hope this is k for you guys. ..

getting back to ..vroooooom!  

KAGE360

• Archived User
Pgr3
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(rasmithuk @ Oct 27 2005, 03:19 PM)
The only form of cube mapping I know is a way of doing reflections.

rasmithuk

• Archived User
Pgr3
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Oct 27 2005, 09:14 PM)
i thought ray tracing was possible on the 360 uhh.gif