xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burning .avi's To Dvd For Xbmc  (Read 65 times)

Hitcher

• Archived User
Burning .avi's To Dvd For Xbmc
« on: March 03, 2004, 12:44:00 AM »

I've got loads of different TV series on my HD but I really want to put them on DVDRs to free up the space.

I was going to convert them to DVD but it takes hours for just one episode so how can I keep them as .avi's but put them on DVD?  <

mark_in_2k

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

All I did was just create a regualr DVD data disk in Nero and then add my avi files to it.

You can then play them back in XBMC when you select the D: Drive from the videos menu.

Of course, this DVD won't work in a regular DVD player as the files are in avi format, not mpg.  <

Hitcher

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 05:37:00 AM »

Cheers, I'll give it a go tonight. :D   <

EvoX User

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 01:46:00 AM »

All I did was just create a regualr DVD data disk in Nero and then add my avi files to it.

You can then play them back in XBMC when you select the D: Drive from the videos menu.

Of course, this DVD won't work in a regular DVD player as the files are in avi format, not mpg.

Can that be done with XBMP as well?  <

Nyc_Tattoo

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (EvoX User @ Mar 14 2004, 10:35 AM)
Can that be done with XBMP as well?

Yes. I usually try one app and if I have a problem then use the other. The only problem i've noticed with XBMP is that it can't access the hd (atleast in the version I use) so I could only watch videos on dvd/cd, not ones xfered to the hd.  <