xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbmc Messed Up My Xbox  (Read 24 times)

Lonny

• Archived User
Xbmc Messed Up My Xbox
« on: February 28, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

I recently installed the newest xbmc. It wouldnt play some of the games on the hard drive.  I tried to go back to my old dash by renaming xbmc.xbe to xbmc1.xbe.  Now the thing does not boot at all and will not find my second .xbe file I put in the bios. Anybody else have this problem. Also IGR does not work.  <

JayDee

• Archived User
Xbmc Messed Up My Xbox
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

and what file does your bios try to boot?

You know, you must have a xbe that the bios looks for...  <

Tazmanian_Devil

• Archived User
Xbmc Messed Up My Xbox
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lonny @ Feb 28 2004, 10:17 PM)
I recently installed the newest xbmc. It wouldnt play some of the games on the hard drive.  I tried to go back to my old dash by renaming xbmc.xbe to xbmc1.xbe.  Now the thing does not boot at all and will not find my second .xbe file I put in the bios. Anybody else have this problem. Also IGR does not work.

If ur xbox used to boot evox 1st then try renaming the .xbe u have to evoxdash.xbe, hopefully that should work for u  <

heinrich

• Archived User
Xbmc Messed Up My Xbox
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 02:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lonny @ Feb 28 2004, 05:17 PM)
I recently installed the newest xbmc. It wouldnt play some of the games on the hard drive.  I tried to go back to my old dash by renaming xbmc.xbe to xbmc1.xbe.  Now the thing does not boot at all and will not find my second .xbe file I put in the bios. Anybody else have this problem. Also IGR does not work.

I dont see how xbmc messed up your xbox, I see that YOU renamed the file that your bios booted to, and now it will not boot.  Sounds like a user error, not one in the program.  <

mc_365

• Archived User
Xbmc Messed Up My Xbox
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »

changed the xbmc.xbe to xbmc1.xbe?

If you where booting to xbmc which was xbmc.xbe than you changed it to xbmc1.xbe that would just cause xbmc not to work anymore.

What was you second boot option? was it evox.xbe or evoxdash.xbe or xboxdash.xbe.  If your second boot option was one of those, and you infact have them on your box then is should boot into that.

Sounds to me like you didn't have a second boot option set or you did it incorrectly, now that you broke xbmc by changing the xbe name that the bios looks for first you can't  boot to whatever it looks for second becuase you set it up wrong.

Use xboxtools to repair your bios  boot sequence to boot xbmc1.xbe first then evox.xbe second, flash your bios and and boot xbmc then ftp in and check what your evox is called, if it is not evox.xbe make it so it is. Then do what you want; delete xbmc or what ever.

This post has been edited by mc_365: Feb 28 2004, 11:38 PM <

JayDee

• Archived User
Xbmc Messed Up My Xbox
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

or just use a bootdisc and then ftp in to fix it...  <