xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nba Live  (Read 629 times)

IcedOutNick

• Archived User
Nba Live
« on: December 04, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

I dont have NBA Live yet, but im looking to mayb get it.   What do you homies think about it?  Is it worth the buy?

woofis

• Archived User
Nba Live
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

if you have xbox live theres a demo you can download for free. and you can judge urself. i like it but im not gunna buy it. im getting 2k6 for christmas

Ray2Kay

• Archived User
Nba Live
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »

BEWARE grr.gif  grr.gif

Live is a suck a$$ game.........Get 2k and you will never buy a EA sports title again.........

MrPhunkee

• Archived User
Nba Live
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

I didn't liked the demo. Cant set the vieuw i want also. Horrible. Dont buy

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Nba Live
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »

as much as i hate EA, i actually gotta give it to them on this one.  considering their history, i was surprised when i tried the demo.  the graphics are really nice, but even just the startup sequence is really cool!  and in the menu, u get to shoot around in real time!  just you, like practice!  its pretty sweet actually, and you even get to do it while its loading the game!  its shit like that that grabs me.  now, what they have as far as franchising and whatnot, well i was never into that before anyway.  its the gameplay that i like, that they have some pretty cool context moves that you can string together really well.

but for the rest of EA, i was not impressed at all.  i'm really into hoop games, so this was a surprise from them, but need for speed is about the worst crap i've ever played.  and i love racers, but i cannot even finish one race of that crap.  and madden?  well, not into madden much either but nothing grabbed me in that game.  but nba live is different imo.

btw, downloading free demos is the about the coolest shit.  i didn't think they'd actually be free, laugh.gif

IcedOutNick

• Archived User
Nba Live
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »

thanks for the opinions dudes.  Im just gunna download the demo and hope its hella cool.

ShadowElitePro

• Archived User
Nba Live
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »

Well some people love and some people hate it. Its up to you. I like it.

bpd115

• Archived User
Nba Live
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »

I haven't tried the demo yet ( Damn core and HDs that I can't find)....but I picked up 2K6 for the fact that I've always liked the series, it has a franchise and will integrate with College Hoops come Jan.

2K6 is spot on...no more 50 turnovers from 2k5....Animation is smooth....very good game...

I didn't get it on the current gen XBox simply because I wanted it when I got my 360 so the gameplay is probably the same with a slight nudge in graphics.

The Graphics on 2K6 360 are very good for what they are and will improve 2 fold no doubt for 2k7.

savagepoop

• Archived User
Nba Live
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

ok i have nba 2k6 for the xbox 1...... as im english its not out for 360 to start of feb so...
i brought live for the 360 2days ago played it for 1 night and found out how much this game sucks in comparison!!!!
LIVE:
the graphics are OK nothing great. all the players seem to have the same model.
the sweat on the players looks stupid almost asif thier coach tipped a bucket of water on thier head.
the AI's defence sticks to u and thier is almost no way to get round
u cant score a free throw to save ur live
fouls are just called for fun or atleast so it seems.....
and they have removed all the good game modes.....

2K6
: graphics are far better
animation is way smoother
character collisions are much better
u CAN score free throws
sweat and player uniforms look amazing
basically everything is better lol

ive imported 2K6 from usa as its region free cant wait for it to arrive