xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nba Live Trailer 3  (Read 656 times)

Deftech

• Archived User
Nba Live Trailer 3
« on: October 26, 2005, 03:12:00 PM »

http://www.gametrail...age.php?id=1997

had to turn the speakers off to watch it.

yerac

• Archived User
Nba Live Trailer 3
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »

Wow, Talk about improving buy leaps and bounds. Everything about the game got better, from player models, to cloth physics,to sweat. This game looks like its gunna kick ass. That is if they produce those graphics on launch day. It is EA so we will have to wait and see. I cant wait to see what 2k6 will look like, since they've always had better graphics

--yerac

CattyKid

• Archived User
Nba Live Trailer 3
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

Yeah, this looks pretty slick.  When I got my Xbox a year after launch, my grandparents got me NBA 2k3 with it.
Talk about improvement.

spearfree

• Archived User
Nba Live Trailer 3
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

WOW!

corkinator

• Archived User
Nba Live Trailer 3
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »

Graphics bitches. And they didn't even look that good...

If you read the Teamxbox article you'll see it's basically Live 2001 with a new shiny outside. Who cares.

If you can seriously play this game after they removed franchise mode, right stick dribbles, face button dribbles also, freestyle comepletely gone, right stick defense, freestyle superstar... then you are just playing it because of the pretty little graphics.

VariableElite

• Archived User
Nba Live Trailer 3
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(corkinator @ Oct 26 2005, 10:53 PM)
Graphics bitches. And they didn't even look that good...

If you read the Teamxbox article you'll see it's basically Live 2001 with a new shiny outside. Who cares.

If you can seriously play this game after they removed franchise mode, right stick dribbles, face button dribbles also, freestyle comepletely gone, right stick defense, freestyle superstar... then you are just playing it because of the pretty little graphics.

So, when they enhance the graphics, you're upset about the lack of equivalent gameplay changes.

When they enhance gameplay, you're upset about the lack of equivalent graphics changes.

Why are you posting in the 360 forums, again?

:rolleyes:

corkinator

• Archived User
Nba Live Trailer 3
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 12:36:00 AM »

No you got it wrong.

If they wanted to be lazy and not add new features because of a visual rehaul then they could have at least kept the current features and moves intact.
There is no reason why the CURRENT stuff is suddenly taken away.
If they had stayed the same just with new visuals I would have accepted it, but you can't warrant going back 3 years (face it Live fans, this game is looking more like 2002 than 2006) in gameplay and features just to redo the visuals.

EA are a joke in that sense. They take away features so they can add them in the future, for an easy way to say their game is 'new' every year.

I can just imagine their discussion on the first 360 version...
'So guys let's just do what VC are doing with 2K6 and keep the same strong game while making it really look next gen with beast graphics'
'NO WAY... then what the hell are we going to add next year!!?'
'Good point, let's just remove 50% of our good features and moves and slowly add them back in seeing as though this first version is going to sell (no matter how bad it is) on graphics alone'

And I'll post in any forum I like while sticking to the rules.

Yeah it's an Xbox forum, but that doesn't mean everyone here must like Xbox. It means, it's a forum to discuss Xbox. Good or bad.

If you're going to buy the 360 regardless then why worry if someone thinks it's crap? I sense a bit of fear and lack of confidence.

I'm a gaming fan in general without any bias to company/console so if you are like the few others here who can't take criticism of their favourite product then why are you here?

Oh, and a link at 1up showing real gameplay (pretty disappointing really)
http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3145095
And the TeamXbox preview with new pics and info... (again, pretty scary that there's no button for crossover or even the right stick on offense or defense)...
http://previews.team...NBA-Live-06/p1/

Such a disappointment considering I have been a 2K fan until this year when I enjoyed Live 06 more.