xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ign: Tomb Raider Legend Info & Hands-on  (Read 541 times)

KAGE360

• Archived User
Ign: Tomb Raider Legend Info & Hands-on
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2006, 12:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Feb 9 2006, 01:11 PM) View Post

putting it in that perspective I can't imagine why you'd like think 20K poly's is being "held back"  blink.gif

dont get me wrong, im excited as all hell for this game and it impresses me more then i expected originally.  but my main point is that i believe the game would look much better if disigned for next gen consoles.  regardless of how they re-made the characters for the 360, i dont think its the same if they just made it for the 360 from scratch.  the game is gorgeous, not dissapointed in any ways, just looking forward to what they do with a true next gen tomb raider is all.  i understand your point of 20k being enough especially with multiple characters running around and more animation being thrown on screen then a racer but i believe we'll be getting MUCH more in the coming years out of these consoles once the developers come to grips with the new architecture.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »

I guess I'm just confused as to what makes you think the 360 version is NOT re-built from the ground up for the 360?

Because the impression I get from these articles is that it IS being re-built specifically for the 360.

This post has been edited by twistedsymphony: Feb 9 2006, 09:00 PM

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

Kage I hear what you're saying bro but be happy that Crystal Dynamics is focusing on the gameplay here.
The last thing the Tomb Raider series needs is a face lift.

Be greatful that we're even getting an Xbox 360 version of the game.
If the gameplay is fun, then look forward to seeing a sequal that's developed from ground up as a next gen title.

This post has been edited by miggidy: Feb 9 2006, 09:34 PM

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Feb 9 2006, 03:06 PM) View Post

I guess I'm just confused as to what makes you think the 360 version is NOT re-built from the ground up for the 360?

Because the impression I get from these articles is that it IS being re-built specifically for the 360.

maybe im the mistaken one but from how i read it, only the character models are really the only thing being redone for the 360.  yes they are adding extra layers of coating and paint and it looks damn pretty.  however IMO there is a difference between a game that is built from the ground up for the 360 or a next gen system, and a game using a last gen engine improving specific aspects of a games visual or technical features.  the game running at 30fps, also should further prove this idea.  with this level of visual detail, the game should be able to run at 60fps no problem if the game was built better to run on multi-core architecture.  i know that 30fps is fine, i have no problem with that, but its still a fact that should support my theory.  

i dont know if its because its a last gen port or because the developers still need a lot more time to come to grips with the systems power but all im trying to say is that given the power of these next gen consoles i think that they are capable of doing much more then what we see in TRL.  not saying im not impressed or not happy, just saying that as good as it is it could always get much better.

QUOTE(miggidy @ Feb 9 2006, 03:40 PM) View Post

Kage I hear what you're saying bro but be happy that Crystal Dynamics is focusing on the gameplay here.
The last thing the Tomb Raider series needs is a face lift.

Be greatful that we're even getting an Xbox 360 version of the game.
If the gameplay is fun, then look forward to seeing a sequal that's developed from ground up as a next gen title.

im right there with you, im one of the biggest TR fans around and can not wait for this one to come out.  im happy with everything that crystal dynamics is doing with the series and its good to see lora back in a positive spot light, all im saying is that i cant wait to see what can be done with the game being developed only on next gen hardware with all that power in mind.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »

I guess this is similar to the Burnout Revenge 360 coming out.  Car models are being redone, but everything else is pretty standard issue.  The environments aren't being rebuilt (are they?), just getting some cooler lighting techniques?  Now that you two are confused, so am I! laugh.gif  Oh well, I can wait 2 months.  I'm still getting down and dirty with MBU.  Plus Burnout will be here in a month.  

Mmmm...

MBU for another month then Burnout on 3/7 then TR2 in April... then GoW sometime over the summer.  I'm loving this.

KAGE360

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(LowProfileWurm @ Feb 9 2006, 04:38 PM) View Post

I guess this is similar to the Burnout Revenge 360 coming out.  Car models are being redone, but everything else is pretty standard issue.  The environments aren't being rebuilt (are they?), just getting some cooler lighting techniques?  Now that you two are confused, so am I! laugh.gif  Oh well, I can wait 2 months.  I'm still getting down and dirty with MBU.  Plus Burnout will be here in a month.  

Mmmm...

MBU for another month then Burnout on 3/7 then TR2 in April... then GoW sometime over the summer.  I'm loving this.

MBU?  

as for burnout 360, i think its one of the best looking games coming out.  IMHO it looks better then PGR3 even though it doesnt have real cars.  but yeah, i thought that only the characters were given the face-lift and the environments were given the extra coat of paint.  either way i cant wait for the game to come out already, everything i have seen looks damn impressive from a gameplay purspective.

LowProfileWurm

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2006, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Feb 9 2006, 04:47 PM) View Post

MBU?  

Marble Blast Ultra  tongue.gif

The only thing with TR:L that I'm worried about is the control scheme.  Now that they are abandoning the grid based gameplay, I hope the controls are spot on.  Obviously there's no way to tell this without playing the game, but if it's even close to the fluid perfection that MBU's control is, I'll be happy.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

everyone stop bickering and stfu

bow down to lara, kiss her feet, let her boobs tap your head from above while doing so, and buy the game, love it, need it, want it, play it!

it looks awesome, moving on......

pop.gif

Pages: 1 2 [3]