xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nero Digital Mp4 Is Working 100% On Xbmc  (Read 132 times)

metalfuzion

• Archived User
Nero Digital Mp4 Is Working 100% On Xbmc
« on: February 07, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »

ok! let´s start:

first you must open the XboxMediaCenter.xml with the wordpad and edit the part that says:
[<videoextensions>.nfo|.rm|.m3u|.ifo|.mov|.qt|.divx|.xvid|.bivx|.vob|.img|.pva|.wmv|.asf|.asx|.ogm|.m2v|.avi|.bin|.dat|.mpg|.mpeg|.mkv|.avc|.vp3|.svq3|.nuv|.viv|.mp4|.fli</videoextensions>]

you just have to had the .mp4 extension like above!

next you must download this pack of codecs: Binary codecs for MPlayer

And install them into mplayer/codecs directory on your XBMC!

and there you have, your XBMC is now 100% ready to work with Nero Digital mpeg4, quicktime, 3ivx, real, indeo 3/4/5, Rv40 and DMO!

enjoy it ;)

Powered By MetalfuzioN Arts :)  

Billy_Glide

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

Thanks for the info, this has been driving me nuts for a while.  Playback is great, the only problem I have is I can't step fast-forward or rewind, it goes 1 segment forward then loops back to the beginning over and over again.  I was wondering if you have any solution.  I was thinking it may be my settings during the encoding process.  Please help me????

metalfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 04:30:00 AM »

in your encoding you must not select in the advanced option´s in the codec of Nero Digital, the option (4 motions vectors per macroblock) if you use this option the XBMC will not let you rewind or fast-forward the movie.

if you want in this site you can use this guide to make your 100% compatible with your XBMC.

p.s. if you want to see subtitles in your .mp4 movie you must not select subtitles in you Nero Recode, this way the XBMC will let you use .SRT or .SUB that you made with Subrip.

you can find in this Site: www.dvd.box.sk subtitles :D

If you have eny question, and if i can help you, please just ask :)

Powered By metalfuzion Arts

metalfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 04:33:00 AM »

in your encoding you must not select in the advanced option´s in the codec of Nero Digital, the option (4 motions vectors per macroblock) if you use this option the XBMC will not let you rewind or fast-forward the movie.

if you want in this site you can use this guide to make your 100% compatible with your XBMC.

Nero Digital guide
p.s. if you want to see subtitles in your .mp4 movie you must not select subtitles in you Nero Recode, this way the XBMC will let you use .SRT or .SUB that you made with Subrip.

you can find in this Site: www.dvd.box.sk subtitles :D

If you have eny question, and if i can help you, please just ask :)

Powered By metalfuzion Arts

Billy_Glide

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

your the best many thanks, worked like a charm

lupo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

I have a wierd problem. I encoded a movie using Nero Digital MP4 with 5.1 audio. When i have Digital Sound with Ac3 pass through selected the movie will not play nor will there be sound. I if i change to analog audio the movie and sound play fine just not in Dolby Digital. Any ideas??

I have installed the codecs recommended above and using XBMC from 2/1/04

Thanx in advance
lupo

This post has been edited by lupo: Feb 9 2004, 10:11 PM

mark_in_2k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 03:47:00 AM »

Slightly OT here, but is there a way to use Nero Digital encoding without having to use .vob files?

I have an SVCD mpg file that I want converted into Nero Digital format, but the Nero guide says that I must encode it to a .vob file as Nero Digital can only work from them.

Any1 found a workaround for this?

TIA

blinky8225

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »

i am having the same problem with 5.1 sound with nero digital

metalfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »

please try to use the latest XBMC cvs, it´s less bugy!!!

for you my friend [mark_in_2k] you can try to use two of these excelent and respected mpeg4 encoders:

you can use vidomi,you can convert svcd and dvd to mpeg4[divx or XviD] it´s very good and simple here´s were to get it: Vidomi Encoder

or you can use AutoGKnot, it´s very very simple and you can covert dvd to xvid or divx with or withdout AC3 or mp3 and mp4 sound: AutoGKnot

and for make your own .Sub or Srt subtitles you can use Subrip, it´s excelent and you can rip then from a original dvd into 24 format´s at your wich, you can get it here:Subrip page

and you can get the latest Xvid codec in here: XviD-1.0-RC2-07022004

enjoy it my friends  :D  

metalfuzion

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

yes  :)  yes! i am working in this bug with the Nero Digital 5.1 audio. this is a  problem with the FAAD that decodes the audio, it as a problem with the multichanel AAC decoding! in a few day´s i will let you know someting.

kilofox

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2004, 08:36:00 PM »

Would the codec download work for XBMP too? BTW, exactly which dll works for mp4?

Thanks. Kilo

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 01:51:00 AM »

can anyone say Auto Gordian Knot ? Better support, better quality, and fee!  ;)  

lupo

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 04:52:00 AM »

I have not tried AGN but by far Nero Digital is the best i have seen. Easy to configure, fast, great quality 5.1 sound out of the box. I can encode a video in about 2-3 hours now start to finish with outstanding quality. I am targeting 1.2 GIG file size.

The problems i have with XMC are the AAC audio. It works when XMC setting is Analog but does not work on Digital (5.1)

Fast Forward and Rewind are not working either

Sub Titles are not working as well

calvic08

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2004, 11:06:00 PM »

Yeah,  I'm having the same problems too,  I can only play nero mp4 in analog mode but not in Digital 5.1 mode,  Everytime I slected Digital 5.1 out put all I got is a black screen and no sound.  Hey, metalfuzion what did I go wrong I couldn't get my Nero MP4 work 100% in my xobx like your xbox...

even tho in analog mode the pictures came out alot better then other format that I have.  Now all I need is a Digital 5.1 to go with it

YOU SEE
I only know enought to get myself into troble but not good enought to get my xbox works like a pro.  
HELP!!!!!
Thanks in advance

calvic08

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »

I found some document about nero mp4. why most player can not read it yet. and why as for now it only play in analog mode in xbox not Digital 5.1 mode

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/nerodigital.htm

we may have to wait little bit longer before xbox can play nero mp4 in digital 5.1 mode.  something about ACC stuff...

just want to share some of my reading....