xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Halo 3 Purchased by 52pct of Xbox 360 Owners in U.S.  (Read 277 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Halo 3 Purchased by 52pct of Xbox 360 Owners in U.S.
« on: December 17, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | December 17 21:51 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From gamedaily.com:

Microsoft's Halo 3 is a monster. When it launched back in September, the game sold a whopping 3.3 million units in the U.S. More recently, Microsoft Corporate VP of Global Marketing Jeff Bell, revealed that Bungie's masterpiece had surpassed five million units sold worldwide.

A closer look at the data from The NPD Group through November shows that 4.1 million copies have been sold in the U.S. With 7.9 million Xbox 360s purchased in the U.S. to date, some simple math indicates that an impressive 52 percent of all Xbox 360 owners in America have picked up Halo 3.

Full Story: gamedaily.com

jer_stud56

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »

That's quite a bit lol. I wonder how that compares to the Super Nintendo and the Super Mario games? Or the Nintendo and Super Mario? Or Sega and Sonic? Anyone feel like doing some research?

andi_06

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 08:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(jer_stud56 @ Dec 18 2007, 02:07 PM) View Post

That's quite a bit lol. I wonder how that compares to the Super Nintendo and the Super Mario games? Or the Nintendo and Super Mario? Or Sega and Sonic? Anyone feel like doing some research?

Here you go. http://en.wikipedia....ing_video_games

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(jer_stud56 @ Dec 17 2007, 10:07 PM) View Post

not really a fair comparison as they were pack-ins...

colt45joe

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 01:27:00 AM »

the other half pirated it?

africamagical

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 03:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(colt45joe @ Dec 18 2007, 10:03 AM) View Post

the other half pirated it?

thats exactly what i was thinking

djtonic

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(gunzdiesel @ Dec 18 2007, 06:16 AM) View Post

You also have to take into account how many people purchased additional 360's after their's got the RROD. I know I've bought 3 360's personally. (2 RROD)

Luckily i never had a problem with mine but the majority of owners would have returned it for repair under warranty.  A very small percentage of people have voided their warranties like everyone here.

~Dj~

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

this is one time where i prefer to be the minority.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »

But the great thing is Halo 3 is not the only decent game to choose from. I already have it but there's so many awesome games..I'm waiting for January Sales on them to get some good deals.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »

god, im sick of seeing morons bitch about halo2/3... what the fuck were you expecting: the game to slap you in the face and give you a blowjob? all 3 are GREAT console shooters, nothing more, nothing less... were you really THAT blown away by halo that it was the fucking end all be all of video games/life? seriously?

halo happens to be the flagship xbox series so people actively want it to fail and will grasp at fucking straws to find faults* and race to get on their fav forum to tell everyone how the game "obviously" sucks so they can fullfill their little 'im not like everyone else' bullshit...

every time something is new everyone thinks its fucking fantastic; once its sequal comes out everyone hates it and it cant possibly compare to the original... gee i wonder what will happen when gears 2 comes out... rolleyes.gif

*normally something as vague as 'more of the same'(which is often accompanied by them bitching about everything new rolleyes.gif) or 'not as good as the original'...

jer_stud56

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(andi_06 @ Dec 17 2007, 10:32 PM) View Post

Awesome didn't realize it was that simple. Thanks for the link.
Theres nothing wrong with liking or disliking Halo 2, 3, or even 1. Not like the world will be over if someone doesn't like it.

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Dec 18 2007, 06:32 PM) View Post

god, im sick of seeing morons bitch about halo2/3... what the fuck were you expecting: the game to slap you in the face and give you a blowjob? all 3 are GREAT console shooters, nothing more, nothing less... were you really THAT blown away by halo that it was the fucking end all be all of video games/life? seriously?

halo happens to be the flagship xbox series so people actively want it to fail and will grasp at fucking straws to find faults* and race to get on their fav forum to tell everyone how the game "obviously" sucks so they can fullfill their little 'im not like everyone else' bullshit...

every time something is new everyone thinks its fucking fantastic; once its sequal comes out everyone hates it and it cant possibly compare to the original... gee i wonder what will happen when gears 2 comes out... rolleyes.gif

*normally something as vague as 'more of the same'(which is often accompanied by them bitching about everything new rolleyes.gif) or 'not as good as the original'...

agreed, so many people just go against halo for the social shock value of not liking something that is so popular.

it's fine if you hate the game or the series, but there is absolutely no denying the ridiculous numbers that Halo 3 produced on sales and the amount of hours played worldwide on the XBL network...absolutely unbelievable and unprecedented!

JAG_128

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2007, 03:28:00 AM »

well iv'e played the halo series and for me Halo 3 was a Disapointment ..... Lost Planet was a far better game.

my top 5 : Oblivian
                Assissins Creed
                Lost Planet
                Froza
                Halo Series

I.ve not tried Mass Effect or Bioshock  yet.

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »

over 50% of 360 owners purchased halo 3... ARE YOU SERIOUSE THIS MADE NEWS!! why didnt COD4 on how many gamers purchased the game??? probebly beause when you hear the word halo you put halo with modding so of course THAT would make news. but how many people on this shitty rock, actually care HOW many people have purchased halo 3. i dont care how many people purchased any game. If i go online and see alot of people n rooms i know theres a good deal of people who have bought it.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 04:15:00 AM »

Your post is wrong on so many points I won't bother with you.

~ i cant think of anything intelligent to say so ill make a blanket statement in hopes that noone will notice... im a fucking tool...

where did i say i liked gears? personally, i found it to be rather overrated but theres no denying its popularity... a lot of the things people rave about gears for halo3 does 10x better(graphics anyone? all gears had was the char models), but people like to bitch about halo because its the trendy thing to do... i used gears as an example because it was so damn popular and critically acclaimed that theres no way the sequel will be able to live up to what all the stupid little teenagers think it should be... sound familiar?

if you cant join in the conversation its best to leave it to the big kids...

*also, thanks for helping to prove my point with the matrix sequel comment... things just arent as cool when theyre not new are they rolleyes.gif
Pages: [1] 2