xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Find Cortana? How Much Further?  (Read 118 times)

Poopchute

• Archived User
Find Cortana? How Much Further?
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »

Hi,
I have just finished the part in the game where I have to go and stop the arbiter from activating the Halo's.  He is dead and now Im on the "Find Cortana" objective fighting the Flood.  Can anyone tell me how far I am in the game?  And how can I survive the Flood.  They keep kicking my ASS...

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 04:50:00 PM »

by arbiter do you mean prophet? theres 2 more levels after that but the one named 'Cortana' is a bitch...

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Nov 8 2007, 05:50 PM) View Post

theres 2 more levels after that but the one named 'Cortana' is a bitch...

Yup....I hated that level, but i have to play it again to beat it on legendary  sad.gif

Poopchute

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

Man Im only on medium or regular hardness.  I cant imagine it being any harder.  Is there a trick to beating them?

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »

What i normally do is at all times stay behind the Arbiter and shoot to back him up. He can take care of most of the guys by himself and with you shooting from behind to support him i can guarantee no enemies will make it close to you, or even past the Arbiter for that matter wink.gif

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »

ive got to legendary AND meta achievement that one... tons of flood, no weapons and hard to see where you need to go: fan-fucking-tastic combination...  rolleyes.gif

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »

I still need to do the meta games.....I havnt even tried it out yet  unsure.gif

Himura

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 02:09:00 AM »

just run and gun  happy.gif

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »

Meta-game achievements are easy. Go on Normal and use the skulls Thunderstorm (all enemies are promoted one rank up--1.5x multiplier) and Fog (disables the motion tracker--1.5x), with maybe Tough Luck (enemies dive away more often from grenades, plasma pistol bolts, needles and vehicle splatters--1.5x) added in (you can also use the silver skull Cowbell to counter the Tough Luck skull a bit). If you're pretty good, you should be able to get at least a 2.0x time multiplier, which should make the whole thing easy.

Back on-topic:

There are two strategies that I found for beating the level "Cortana." One is to pick them off one by one until you can safely make it to the next area. The other is to find a route which offers enough protection that you can run through while shooting and chucking grenades to help keep them off your back. You may need to take a rest behind a rock to let your shield recharge before you continue. Also, always have with you a short-range weapon (Sword, Shotgun, or Hammer) and a longer-ranged weapon for the needle-throwing Flood (Battle Rifle or Carbine).

I think the Sword is preferable as a short-range weapon. If you can't find one or it doesn't have much energy, then a Shotgun. If you can't find a Shotgun or it doesn't have much ammo, use a Hammer.

Molten Universe

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 05:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Nov 9 2007, 12:33 PM) *

ive got to legendary AND meta achievement that one... tons of flood, no weapons and hard to see where you need to go: fan-fucking-tastic combination...  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

damn straight same here, nothing was as hard as The Library, on halo 1, man i played that when i was like 11 with the air con on in the dark, my toes were freezing and guys jumping out at you from everywhere, i will never play that again.

darkmike57

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »

Ultimate Cortana strategy:

RUN!

Boddah

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »

If you can, get a few friends together to get through Cortana on Legendary. It has its annoying parts, but it's not nearly as bad as single player.