xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Radar, Doesn't Seem To Work Correctly  (Read 138 times)

Modify_inc

• Archived User
No Radar, Doesn't Seem To Work Correctly
« on: October 30, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »

How do you disable the radar in Halo 3 playing custom games.  I have disabled it in general setting, and the the other place.  I forget the name, but when we play, the radar is still there.  Whats weird though, is the radar will disappear sometimes, and then out of no where it is back.

Can someone explain how this radar works in Halo 3?  I mean if you select none in the settings, there should be no radar at all, not somtimes on and sometimes off.

Mike

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »

Set the range to be as small as possible; I believe it's 5 meters. The motion tracker will still be enabled, but it will be much less effective.

Modify_inc

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 03:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Vektor0 @ Oct 30 2007, 10:35 PM) *

Set the range to be as small as possible; I believe it's 5 meters. The motion tracker will still be enabled, but it will be much less effective.

Then why do they have a option for none, if it's still going to show up, seems kinda pointless.

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:20:00 AM »

QUOTE(Modify_inc @ Oct 30 2007, 05:46 PM) View Post

Then why do they have a option for none, if it's still going to show up, seems kinda pointless.

I dunno. Maybe it works on some gametypes and/or maps and not others. Whatever the case, you oughtta post your problem onto the Bungie Halo 3 Forums.

moddingswede

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »

Just some friendly advice, don't go to the Bungie forums and expect people to be nice and helpful. While there are many nice people, a lot of people just go there to complain about how they think Halo 3 is bad, or flame for no reason in particular. In terms of your problem, the motion tracker should be off if you switch it off. What gametype were you playing?

trentdadi

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

I know there is a skull for it.  If you cant figure it out.  Head on over to the Fog skull location.  Turning that specific skull on will fix all your problems.  Maybe the radar you are turning off is something else entirely.  Im not sure why in the world it would be off and on.  Honestly I think it seems kind of pointless to have an option to turn the radar off and on when there is a hidden skull in the game to do just that.  I dont know, hope that helps.

Vektor0

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(trentdadi @ Nov 1 2007, 09:08 PM) View Post

I know there is a skull for it.  If you cant figure it out.  Head on over to the Fog skull location.  Turning that specific skull on will fix all your problems.  Maybe the radar you are turning off is something else entirely.  Im not sure why in the world it would be off and on.  Honestly I think it seems kind of pointless to have an option to turn the radar off and on when there is a hidden skull in the game to do just that.  I dont know, hope that helps.

He's talking about multiplayer. I'm pretty sure the single player skulls don't work for multiplayer.

elocin671

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(moddingswede @ Nov 2 2007, 04:07 AM) View Post

Just some friendly advice, don't go to the Bungie forums and expect people to be nice and helpful. While there are many nice people, a lot of people just go there to complain about how they think Halo 3 is bad, or flame for no reason in particular. In terms of your problem, the motion tracker should be off if you switch it off. What gametype were you playing?

so true.... and like most of them are 13 year olds, and after 5 minutes your new thread will be on like page 5. and if you bump it... it will be on page five again. so no use.

Maertz

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

im guessing your tunrning off radar for the leader traits not everyone theres another option to turn it off. i cant think of it right now. id just download the mlg game variant