xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Teaming Up In Lone Wolves, And Glitches  (Read 134 times)

Molten Universe

• Archived User
Teaming Up In Lone Wolves, And Glitches
« on: October 28, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »

Okay so maybe about a week ago (while reading on here something reminded me) i was playing Lone wolves, one of the games i went into, in the pre game lobby thing where u can talk to others, there was 3 people who obviously were friends, or became close in the split second we had been in the lobby  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) so thats fine i thought, i end up just winning by about 2 kills, because it was a close match all the way through lead kept changing between me and this other guy. Now normally i woudlnt probly remember players from the previous matches if it hadnt been such a hard last round, but next pre game lobby there was the same 3 guys and i thought hold on isnt this ranked? although they didnt gang up on me which was nice of them, its potentially cheating if its possible to party up like that in lone wolves... am i missing something? has anybody else come across this?

and umm, i dont know if its counted as cheating, not that u can use the maps in matchmaking anyways i just play on it with mates ... but if bungie patches the game, can we still get out of the map on high ground/ valhalla through the water?

SORRY PLEASE MOVE TO HALO3 CHAT... thought i was in that forum, woops.

This post has been edited by Molten Universe: Oct 28 2007, 03:54 PM

dcaway

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »

bungie/microsoft matchmacking is pathetic i think. unfortunately we're stuck with it. i only rarely play with members from the us. lag gets soooo bad its unbearable. i think the h3 servers need an update desperately, i have drawn the same players for 3 matches in a row... not only that, it was the same map and gametype to boot.

tsantsa

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

Please, speak more of this High Ground water glitch!

Molten Universe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(tsantsa @ Oct 29 2007, 07:42 AM) View Post

Please, speak more of this High Ground water glitch!

Xbox scene forums: Please note that I only actually play this map with my friends localy, so i'm pretty sure its not cheating.

But you need 2 people, go forge high ground, get the 2 people on a mongoose, get the driver to jump off, then go to the guilty spark/moniter dude and pick up the mongoose with the passenger still on the back, throw the mongoose out into the open water past where it would normally stop you from walking, you have to find the sweet spot on the right, alternatively you can put a 2 way telleporter on the beach shores, and throw one out into the water..

Camper3D

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »

Are you upset that 4 people that knew each other were playing Lone Wolves, or that you got teamed up with them again.  I love Lone Wolves and having my brother boot my ass all over the place...LOL....But if they teamed up on ya, then just rate them poorly I say...  But the MM...right...blows..We played the same map, scenarion three times in a row today....But is was Shotty Snipers and i love that game

Tiuk

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 06:10:00 PM »

Well, I've been paired with at least one of the same people multiple times in a row. I guess it results from us being close in rank. It's certainly possible that the three you encountered just happened to get paired together a lot and were friendly.

Anyway, yeah, Matchmaking needs some work. Last night it was taking 5+ minutes to find players for a game.