xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacement Halo 3 Discs Are Here  (Read 141 times)

Xbox-Scene

• Archived User
Replacement Halo 3 Discs Are Here
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »

Posted by XanTium | October 18 11:09 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From kotaku.co:

Show of hands who had their Halo 3 bonus disc all scratched up by the crummy tin box. One, two, three...OK, thousands of you.
The replacement discs have started turning up at homes, and while the new soft, beige packaging might not be as easy on the eye as a dark metal tin, it has done a better job of delivering functioning game discs to your 360 console.

Full Story: kotaku.co

m82a1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:54:00 AM »

cool, i was wondering if those people got their replacement dvd's
only thing that would suck if the dvd was DOA - shattered sad.gif

iLLNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »

too bad it isnt a solution to the problem..

people will go right ahead and put them into their LE case and a month down the road after a few transports from room to room or friends to friends bam disc falls out again and scratches smile.gif

The Prankster

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

Mine is all scratched up... I'd send it in, but... I don't want to wait two weeks without halo 3. As long as it plays. I'm definitely sending it in before they stop doing this though. Just not now. Over and out.

psychoace

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »

Now let's see how long before the Xbox 360 decides to scratch it up. (Madden is cracked and all my other games got scratches right after I played them first. Also I keep my xbox horizontal at all times.)

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »

UK people won't be getting anything, glad my disk is ok, I ordered Forza 2 2 weeks and 1 day ago, not here because of Royal Mail postal strike that lasted 8 days..

This post has been edited by bucko: Oct 18 2007, 07:45 PM

Lordscr

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Oct 18 2007, 03:37 PM) View Post

people will go right ahead and put them into their LE case and a month down the road after a few transports from room to room or friends to friends bam disc falls out again and scratches smile.gif

You don't have to worry about putting it back into your LE case, since I'm sure that you're not going to put it through the same punishment as truck drivers, tow motors, and doc monkeys do when handling cases and pallets.

sunbound

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 03:58:00 PM »

Hmmm,  

Does anyone else see a 1 month xbox live card? did that come with the replacement game?

I'm currently waiting for my 360 to come back from microsoft for repairs, for the second time. I'm still kind of pissed that i paid full price for one with a HDD, and didnt get anything for my frustration for having a messed up 360, while those who go the basic package got a free HDD.

Sunbound

no0b123

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Oct 18 2007, 11:37 AM) View Post

I didn't think of that. But your right! My Halo 3 disks are perfect (bought LE) but...... the DVD drive is busted  grr.gif

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »

Cheap bastards, they send by first class mail!

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »

problem was the le case disk come lose in shipping and get tossed abought inside the case. putting your new disk inside it whont hurt it.

1nsan3

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

I still cant belive this, everyone knows, m$ first product out always is junk wether its a game, consoul software hardware, always is junk. M$ is always first one out of the gates and see what happens. But hey, halo 3 must be worth it eh!
i have never bought a first out from m$ ,,,,my 360 i dont know if its one of those arfter thoughts, but it hasnt crashed yet.

i wanted a system pretty bad when they came out but everyone knew what was happening lol. remember the retard who payed over $5000.00 on ebay. I bet hes kicking himself in the arse lol.