xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Stream Dvd Images?  (Read 94 times)

oem-222

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« on: January 15, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

Just saw this in the newest CVS
* fixed: Files over 2gb in size can now be accessed via SMB (so you can stream those 4.5gig DVDR .img files)

does that mean i can play a DVD .img directly
instead of playing individual VOB's ?  <

copter_

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 03:49:00 AM »

I just noticed the same thing and same question exactly came into my mind too. People who know the answer, please comment into this one. :)  <

tullm

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 05:21:00 AM »

* fixed: Files over 2gb in size can now be accessed via SMB (so you can stream those 4.5gig DVDR .img files)

-> does that mean i can play a DVD .img directly ?????

I think your question is already answered.

regards

tullm  <

DreamWeb

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 05:49:00 AM »

I don't think .img files are supported.  I couldn't get one to play.
 <

JayDee

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

Streaming .img files (DVD-R) over smb now works perfectly thanks to |darkie and the other devs in the team.

Note! Over SMB!, i do not know about xns or any other streamer since i like the minimum amount of prcesses running on my computor, and as smb does the same job and as good as the others i do not see a reason to install them either.  <

DreamWeb

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »

OK!  How does this work?

Do you quite literally just select the .img file in XBMC and it'll play?  'cauve I've tried that.. and it didn't work for me at all.

d.  <

stanelie

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 08:50:00 PM »

that's exactly what I did and it worked for me...

Stan
 <

Morien

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2004, 08:57:00 PM »

Just a note, the iso extension (such as made with DVD Decryptor) works also. You need to add the iso extension in the configuration under supported video extensions however.
Also, I've only tested it on 1 dvd (my computer is rarely networked with my Xbox and i have a stock hdd) so I'm not sure, but is the DVD playback extensive? The iso I tested skipped the menu (played it, but it was only 1 frame so it lasted a split second) and went into the movie, however I couldn't enable subs and yea, couldn't change audio. Is this the stage it's at? Or did I do something wrong?

Morien  <

Xbs1

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »

I too tried with a 4.5gb .img file last night with 07-25-04 cvs build of XBMC. The file is recognized <has a tv icon beside it> but pushing A on it, does nothing. I am accessing it through SMB.

<

JayDee

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

Congrats on bumping a 6 month old thread.  :rolleyes:

But to answer your question.

Just tried a few iso´s (god bless hacked firmwares so it goes fast) and all play fine. I know of just one iso that have been reported not playing. It was the FS dvd-r version of Shrek2 that got out on the net a month or so ago.

No solution to why it didn´t play have emerged and this far it is the only iso file i know of/been reported not being able to be played with xbmc.

Anyone else got probs with latest version or is this a isolated problem?

This post has been edited by JayDee: Jul 27 2004, 06:33 PM <

nimbles

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

actually i found the shrek ws screen version also had a problem but then again it did fail the dvd compliance test in nero too (i extracted the image to blank trailers, make sure button links weren't broken etc.) so could have been that the ifo wasn't 100% correct.

before anyone flames me saying their copy of shrek 2 ws works in their player- i agree it works on my standalone and in the xbox with tHc lite (not XBMC when selecting VIDEO_TS.IFO though- obviously playlist mode did work though)- however it still failed the compliance test- most players will play a slightly incorrect ifo structure

that seemed to me to be the only one that i've had encountered- mind u i don't make a habit of downloading iso's from the net so i wouldn't say i have carried out an exhaustive survey.

This post has been edited by nimbles: Jul 27 2004, 07:00 PM <

Xbs1

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

The img was man on fire @ 4.5 gigs. The Xbox sees the file through SMB, but will not play it. I am using 07-25-04 CVS. Everything else will play find through SMB, but .img's will not. I will try renaming it to a .iso and see if that helps. Seems like img support is hit and miss right now.  <

mc_365

• Archived User
Stream Dvd Images?
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 12:21:00 PM »

.img/.iso support is excellent.

I'd say your problem may lay in 1 of 2 places if not both:

1) Was the image compiled correctley?

2) Is your SMB Share setup Correctly?

Tip Don't complain about pirated movies not playing.  Compile a DVD image of a dvd you own and test that.  If you get the same results than its your setup.
If it plays then its your crappy bootleg, and you should complain to the release group that provided it.

Don't get me wrong I'm not preaching Just use some discretion when speaking in our forum.

This post has been edited by mc_365: Jul 29 2004, 07:22 PM <