xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem Playing Vob's  (Read 116 times)

Balablebaldo

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« on: January 12, 2004, 09:40:00 PM »

I have the newest release of XBMC 1-7-2004.  When I try to play a .vob file the video is scrambled and it freezes like 6 seconds from playing it.  Is there a codec I need?  I have a V1.5 Xbox  <

therebelious1

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

unless the vob played on a previous version of XBMC, then it sounds like you didnt fully unlock the dvd before you started copying the vobs off it  <

photoman

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 03:56:00 AM »

I am having the same problem, I am using the latest version of DVD2Xbox 0.5.3 and get scrambled video, then freeze. I thought DVD2Xbox automatically disabled CSS, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Anyone have an idea how to get this to work?

I have DVDShrink on my PC, so I could always ftp the movies over i guess.

thanks  <

therebelious1

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 05:19:00 AM »

i always play a few minutes of the movie before i rip it- works flawlessly  <

Balablebaldo

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 07:54:00 AM »

is there any program for the xbox that will allow me to rip the Vob's off the dvd and play them without any problems?  <

chane2k1

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

You must first unlock the vobs by playing the film for a few seconds then do a soft reset and ftp to pc. This is how i get them to work you still have to decrypt CSS but if you dont unlock them first then its pointless.  <

Balablebaldo

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2004, 08:37:00 AM »

What program do you recommend that Decrypts CSS on VOB's?  <

photoman

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

On Windows I use dvdShrink. Search Google for it. It is everywhere.  <

therebelious1

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

i use smart ripper, never heard of the other one- it worth a try?  <

photoman

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 11:03:00 AM »

Yes it is very worth it IMO. It will let you backup any movie with or without the extras onto on dvd-r by using compression. I havn't noticed any loss of quaility either. You can also make the movie Region free along with decrypting the CSS. Plus it is simple to use.

It can do an entire DVD (most are around 6.5GB) in less than 26 minutes (P4 2.53 with 1GB RAM). Then you can open Nero 5.5. select DVD Movie Project and have a perfect back-up of your DVD to loan your friends.  <

WiSo

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (photoman @ Jan 13 2004, 12:45 PM)
I am having the same problem, I am using the latest version of DVD2Xbox 0.5.3 and get scrambled video, then freeze. I thought DVD2Xbox automatically disabled CSS, but it doesn't appear to be the case. Anyone have an idea how to get this to work?

I have DVDShrink on my PC, so I could always ftp the movies over i guess.

thanks

Yes dvd2xbox should do the job. however the new version seems to not unlock certain disks.
I'll look into it later but it has lower priority as the recommended ripping method is the PC  smile.gif   <

photoman

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

WiSo thanks for the info. I tried last night with Boogie Nights, and the picture was fine for about 10 seconds then it froze. oh well. Thanks again  <

82ross

• Archived User
Problem Playing Vob's
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2004, 06:00:00 AM »

QUOTE (photoman @ Jan 14 2004, 07:52 PM)
Yes it is very worth it IMO. It will let you backup any movie with or without the extras onto on dvd-r by using compression. I havn't noticed any loss of quaility either. You can also make the movie Region free along with decrypting the CSS. Plus it is simple to use.

It can do an entire DVD (most are around 6.5GB) in less than 26 minutes (P4 2.53 with 1GB RAM). Then you can open Nero 5.5. select DVD Movie Project and have a perfect back-up of your DVD to loan your friends.

Id have to agree about dvdshrink, its very newb friendly and does a great job.  <