xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Get Thumbs In Xbmc  (Read 96 times)

kaylapuppy

• Archived User
How To Get Thumbs In Xbmc
« on: January 11, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »

I have installed the latest XBMC Jan 7 04, and set up with samba share and can play all my albums fine, but there are no thumbnails for the albums. Does XBMC use the same format tbn files for thumbnails ? I tried putting all my tbn files in the thumbs folder of the root directory of xbmc, as well as the thumbs folder of the albums folder within xbmc. Anyone know how to get this working ?  <

nmajin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 07:07:00 PM »

only way to get album icons is to hit the white button on the album and then get it through the net just like xbmp did with movie pics...  <

senergy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

i use tag&rename to tag the mp3, it also imbeds the album art into the mp3. xbmc seems to read it fine.  <

NizZ8

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

ahh.. that sucks for those of use who have our music organized by folder trees.. :(
<artist><album><tracks>

How are you supposed to have your music organized then.. drop everything in a single folder!?  <

veg

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

i use tag&rename to tag the mp3, it also imbeds the album art into the mp3. xbmc seems to read it fine.

After you embed the album art in the file how exactly do you get XBMC to display the art?

If I hit the white button I get cddb crap. Do I have to kill cddb?

Do you know how to get rid of the cddb stuff if you associate the wrong art to an album?

Refresh won't do diddly.
I guess I have to manually delete for the time being.

veg
 <

snorkleboy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »

Im having the same problem.  I went through all the trouble of making thumbs for all my albums and I want to use them and not the ones the cddb has.  There HAS to be a way to get this to work.  <