xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Multiple Pc Ccxstream Question  (Read 65 times)

jrmann1999

• Archived User
Multiple Pc Ccxstream Question
« on: January 10, 2004, 12:50:00 PM »

I'm trying to organize the myriad of video I have across 4 pcs in the house and was curious whether or not xbmc and/or ccxstream can make one large virtual filesystem with respect to what xbmc sees?  If confused consider the following:

PC1 - DivX video
PC2 - DivX/SVCD Television
PC3 - DVDR mpeg video
PC4 - MV

I'd like one base filesystem(/) and multiple subdirectories to appear within XBMC, that way I don't have to remember 4 different PC's media storage.  <

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »

I understand what your trying to do, but I dont think there are any apps (ccxstream, RelaX) or protocols (SMB) that XBMC usesthat will allow you to create one browseable Directory that is built on sub-directories across multiple systems.  This may seem like a hard pill to swallow, but take one of the PC's you have, load it up with a couple 120, a 250 GB whatever size HDD, and make a central file server.  On the PCs that are doing the recording, ripping, whatever, have them all save to the File Server, using SMB.  If I am mistaken, someone please let me know then.    <

pimpkid

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

the concept doesn't really sound that hard.  

currently i have 2 pc's i use for my media needs.  

pc1=mp3
pc2=vcd/divx

currently i'm running relax (toying w/ ccxstream now) on pc2, and mapping pc1's hd as a drive letter on pc2 (allowing me to drag the share to the server on pc2).

on the xbox end of things, i end up with:  MP3, VCD, and DIVX.

I don't see why you couldn't do this with 4 pc's.  but maybe im not quite understanding your vision.

This post has been edited by pimpkid: Jan 12 2004, 07:10 AM <

SigTom

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 06:12:00 AM »

Yup yer right pimpkid, I didnt even think about that.  Just map the folders on the remote computers to one main computer, and have ccxstream share those mapped folders.  Didnt even think about doing that.  There ya go jrmann, and thanks for letting me know as well pimpkid.   <