xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Analyst: Halo 3 Back in the Frame?  (Read 487 times)

CrystalXBOX

• Archived User
Analyst: Halo 3 Back in the Frame?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 04:44:00 PM »

Perhaps it's not as much as to steal potential ps3 buyers from Sony, but just to take some of their thunder away  by releasing Halo 3, with a movie in the works as well.  Basically, you'll have two top news stories, not one smile.gif

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 05:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ Mar 15 2006, 11:39 PM) View Post

well to me there is a difference between a hardcore gamer and a sony zombie.  a hardcore gamer will more then likely buy all/most of the systems at/near launch.  however a sony zombie would buy shit wrapped in tin-foil as long as it had the sony logo on it with kenny k. saying magical words of wonder about it.  

either way there are more zombies or hardcore gamers then sony can keep up with for launch, so either way they will sell out with little control from MS.  i wish it would be so easy to divert buyers but the ps3 will sell out as good if not better then the 360.

Very true, hardcore gamers will buy as much as they can.
I agree with you and Twisted (and just about everyone else) that M$ has very little to gain by dropping H3 around the PS3 launch. Very little to gain and everything to lose if H3 turns out to be rushed.

With that said, how many of you current X360 owners are planning on buying a PS3 at launch?

iLLNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 05:14:00 PM »

im pretty sure everyone already has discussed this, and or shared their opinion on halo3 launching around ps3. i think months before 360 even launched

but since some dude said it on a wbesite i guess its breaking news lol

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Mar 15 2006, 07:30 PM) View Post

I tend to think that once you're a Halo hater, you'll always be one.
That goes for gamers who like the first game but hated Halo 2.

Unfortunately, I agree as do others(they just wont admit it in fear of getting flamed).

I dont hate Halo per say, its Bungie that irritates me.

Cortana still visits me nightly and sits on my face, but thats for another time....

Out of the 5 people who were here for a week long(yes week long) Halo 2 launch party, Kage and my cousin Jim are the only 2 that would pick up Halo 3 at launch. The remaining 3 of us want nothing to do with part 3 unless it resembles part 1, and COOP ISNT JUST FUCKING SPLIT SCREEN, BUT SYSLINK AND LIVE ARE SUPPORTED!  grr.gif

You see that Bungie?  grr.gif

I felt the same about all Tomb Raiders after part III, and its taken from 1998 to 2006 to even want to bother trying another TR.

Halo 2 had the best soundtrack ever, and at the same time it was the single biggest letdown Ive ever witnessed. The only constants for me in gaming are Recons and Splinter Cells, long live Clancy titles!!!

sorry for the rant, Im at the end of Recon and in typical fashion, the piece of shit ghosts decide to waltz around on their own and irritate me  laugh.gif

rasstar

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

How on earth can sony be eliminated? that's just not possible ...

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2006, 07:50:00 PM »

I forgot about the movie tie in.  Makes it hard to forcast when Halo3 will drop.

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »

Halo 2 had the best soundtrack ever, and at the same time it was the single biggest letdown Ive ever witnessed. The only constants for me in gaming are Recons and Splinter Cells, long live Clancy titles!!!

Chaos Theory is by far the best game I have ever played on live(Single player was very awesome too).  I have prob clock more hours on that game with my friend than any other game i have ever played.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

sony will only be eliminated if they do it themselves, they are their own worst enemy. and dont think sony is invincible, they have monetary troubles, something MS and Nintendo dont have.

and Yes Chaos Theory is awesome, my #1 game of all time, heres hoping part 4 takes it a step further smile.gif

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(CrystalXBOX @ Mar 15 2006, 03:51 PM) View Post

Perhaps it's not as much as to steal potential ps3 buyers from Sony, but just to take some of their thunder away  by releasing Halo 3, with a movie in the works as well.  Basically, you'll have two top news stories, not one smile.gif

i think the same thing as CrystalXBOX. i think it has to do more about marketing. people here it really doesnt matter when halo 3 or ps3 is launched. we know what we are going to buy. if the news and mags are talking about ps3 sony will get so much free marketing. when a parent goes into the store to get their kid what they have heard being talked about. companies spend so much money to make there items seem cool and popular. if ms doesnt have a "halo 3" or some other big hit all the attention will be on ps3.

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mikeizzle @ Mar 15 2006, 08:24 PM) View Post

if sony is eliminated from the gaming market this would be bad, realy bad.  we'd see some real shitty games and whatnot from Miicrosoft and they'd just pritty much monopolize the market.

If that were the case then why are there still quality games on the PC.  Don't know anybody that plays Battlefield 2 on a High End Linux rig.  I think competition is good but I am a former Piece of Shite 1 and GayStation 2 owner.  Once I got into the Xbox I never looked back.  Now after being so loyal to Sony for so long and then being able to drop them instantly tells how much MS knows.  They have the money, the power, and the knowledge to destroy in any venture they think is profitable.

my $.02

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2006, 02:37:00 AM »

I'll buy Halo 3.  I'll buy the PS3.    

Roupus

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

For me its always one or the other.  In this case I chose the 360 and i big reason i chose the 360 was for halo 3.  Im sure just like me, people already have their minds set on what they want to buy, and with that being said i doubt releasing halo 3 on ps3s launch date is going to make a difference in what people are going to buy.  Someone is sitting outside all night waiting to buy a ps3 they walk into the store and see halo 3 being played i doubt they will buy halo 3 over the system they have been wating for hours to buy. But who knows only time will tell.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 06:41:00 AM »

People snagging the PS3 in the launch window will be hardcore Sony fans.  Last I checked, hardcore Sony fans loathe the Halo franchise.  These people couldn't care less about the game.  The only thing a simultaneous launch would accomplish would be DECREASED halo3 sales, since alot of gamers will have been saving their money for the ps3.

Deftech

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 09:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(miggidy @ Mar 16 2006, 03:36 AM) View Post

That dirty filthy cheating whore!
I thought I was her one and only!? grr.gif
As for Sony, if Bush can say that the world is better off without Saddam,
then I can say the same about Sony.

I can live without Ico and God of War.... sleep.gif

yeah shes dirty but we love her.

Ive been saying that about sony for years and will say it forever as they wont ever go away  sad.gif  Id be happy if just Kutaragi vanished, he makes me sick. Hes the problem I have, the festering pile of pond sausage that he is.

IllusiveX

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »

tongue.gif ya another thing to think about is alot of the games are coming to both the ps3 and the 360. Also NINTENDO  IS JUST NINTENDO  tongue.gif  DONT count them out. The rev will be a huge seller exspecially in Japan
Besides all that stuff lets just grab a snack and sit back and watch what is to come  smile.gif
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4