xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: RedOctane Admits to Guitar Hero II Patch Problem  (Read 602 times)

dcdeadcell

• Archived User
RedOctane Admits to Guitar Hero II Patch Problem
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 05:15:00 PM »

I will have to agree with alot of the members in saying that the game update is bricking 360's is a little far fetched, but i will say that the game update did mess with my 360. It would not start the game, it would take me to the dash and the dvd drive would say "Open Tray" i would open tray and close it and then it would say "Reading" then a few seconds later it would say "Open tray". It would take me about 15 minutes of rebooting, taking the disc out and back in for it to work. Then when I would get it to work I would be able to play one song and then it would come up saying dirty disc please clean and restart. Then I would have to start the process all over again and the when I would get it working again it would freeze and give me dirty disc error in he same exact place. Every other game I have would play with no problems. So I started reading around and read that others were having problems too. I just cleared my cache and got rid of the game updates and now it works 100% again. So I will have to agree with the other users saying that the update did mess with the system in just playing that game. Sorry for the long post but just wanted to say what was happening with me and how I fixed it. The only thing is that when I start the game it asks me to update and I have to pick no, but as long as the game works then that don't really bother me.

nekkron99

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »

My Whammy Bar worked out of the box, and since you can't play online co-op anyways, there was no point in the forced update.  So I don't know this because I haven't updated...but couldn't everyone who did the update just go into the harddrive and delete the update file?  Wasn't that what people were doing with Oblivion when they couldn't do the Gold cloning trick?

dsenart

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »

it has nothing to do with the CPU getting hotter and flexing and losing connection, it has something to do with the guitar itself, because if you unplug the guitar and play another game it works fine.  I am thinking its a driver conflict within the patch thats making the system think it's failing when its actually only the peripheral that is.  I have posted a way to fix this though.  It works I have been playing GH 2 for the last 3 hours after I done that when it was previously giving me the red lights o'death

Aggression

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2007, 05:40:00 PM »

my xbox getts all jerky too kinda makes a strobe-light effect outta the song. I fucking hate it
Pages: 1 2 [3]