xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Microsoft on GTA IV Leak: 'Need to Look into this Further'  (Read 1407 times)

Andrew_Roy

• Archived User
Microsoft on GTA IV Leak: 'Need to Look into this Further'
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(nha @ Apr 25 2008, 12:04 PM) View Post

Umm - how democratic is this place? Where's my post gone?? Hmm XBox-scene has become too commercial! Shame... dry.gif

Why would it be democratic at all?

walterg74

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2008, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(jas0nuk @ Apr 25 2008, 09:21 AM) View Post

Sorry, but what the hell is there to look into? This is always going to happen when a game is so huge that copies are shipped out super early.

Edit: and if people are dumb enough to play on Xbox Live, they deserve to be banned.

Uhmm... haven´t you been reading-playing-learning ANYTHING?  Even if you DON´T play on live and only offline, the fact that you played plus the achievements is still recorded and sent to live next time you have connection, so people that play OFFLINE are just as dumb as the people that play on live that you are mentioning... they´ll still get detected as early players.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2008, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(walterg74 @ Apr 25 2008, 10:48 AM) View Post

Uhmm... haven´t you been reading-playing-learning ANYTHING?  Even if you DON´T play on live and only offline, the fact that you played plus the achievements is still recorded and sent to live next time you have connection, so people that play OFFLINE are just as dumb as the people that play on live that you are mentioning... they´ll still get detected as early players.

This logic is flawed, when playing a game offline the date and time of getting an achievement is not recorded for live. The next time you log into live will be when that 'chunk' of achievements will be logged. Games do come out early but 80% of the people saying they got it early legit are lying their asses off.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2008, 11:36:00 AM »

gamestops are recieving their copies today. at least the ones in my area. imma go give my special edition and peeksee and HOPEFULLY, bring at least the disc home tonight. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Hopeful

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »

"look into it further" is probably slang for "can't do shit about it".

OZ313

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »

The only reason some people are mad because they tried to m0d their xbox 360 and bricked it at least two or three systems......now they come to a hacking site(and sign up) and hate on everyone with these abilities......dont cry.....I messed up 4 console B4 I had it downpacked.....Hacking is a talent not a crime!

law56ker

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Apr 25 2008, 09:46 AM) View Post

I think part of the problem is the stupid release date.  Stores should be able to sell the game as soon as they get it.  There are a lot of people, who if given the option would go down to the store and buy the game legally today.  But since they have to wait until tuesday they will just download a pirated version because it is the only way to get the game.

People only option is to download a pirated version cause they have to wait a week or two. Give me a break, since when does that justify stealing.
They ship it out early to help ensure it is available the day of the release. They set  a release date to keep continuity and order. If items didn't have a official relase date it would cause chaos and whining.

QUOTE(OZ313 @ Apr 25 2008, 01:55 PM) View Post

The only reason some people are mad because they tried to m0d their xbox 360 and bricked it at least two or three systems......now they come to a hacking site(and sign up) and hate on everyone with these abilities......dont cry.....I messed up 4 console B4 I had it downpacked.....Hacking is a talent not a crime!

What?

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(law56ker @ Apr 25 2008, 09:45 PM) View Post

They ship it out early to help ensure it is available the day of the release. They set  a release date to keep continuity and order. If items didn't have a official relase date it would cause chaos and whining.
What?

Almost. They have a street date to eliminate stores from competing against one another with the product. By practically forcing retailers to sell at $59.99 and releasing on a certain day, you don't have a store with a better deal selling out and waiting for them to get more in. If store A runs out, store B has it. If store A had it for $49.99 and ran out, you probably would rather wait for store A to get more in if store B still sold for $59.99.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2008, 02:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(OZ313 @ Apr 25 2008, 02:55 PM) View Post

wow, i must be super badass because ive never bricked a console... that, or i can read tutorials and follow instructions... hardly 'hacking' is it?

i800phyco

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(OZ313 @ Apr 25 2008, 08:55 PM) View Post

Yeah that talent thing you mention, If you bricked four before you got it right, You haven't got it.

47_M450N_47

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(pingrr @ Apr 25 2008, 10:46 AM) View Post

I think part of the problem is the stupid release date.  Stores should be able to sell the game as soon as they get it.  There are a lot of people, who if given the option would go down to the store and buy the game legally today.  But since they have to wait until tuesday they will just download a pirated version because it is the only way to get the game.

+1

wassco

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »

"They lose a xbox live customer who would pay for videos/games and someone who would probably be mad enough to buy a ps3."

Im a 360 owner gone to the dark side  muhaha.gif , and i dont really see me getten the 360 verion of gta4, the ps3 version holds my interest more smile.gif

plus....free online play ..... with the money i saved not re-subscribing to live, i bought a ps3 smile.gif

vengeancegoon

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(wassco @ Apr 25 2008, 11:08 PM) View Post

plus....free online play ..... with the money i saved not re-subscribing to live, i bought a ps3 smile.gif

So you haven't subscribed to live in 10 years? I think you lie, you lie bad.

nha

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Andrew_Roy @ Apr 25 2008, 05:32 PM) View Post

Why would it be democratic at all?

Democracy = freedom of speech... my post was removed for no apparent reason - enough said!

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(nha @ Apr 25 2008, 06:22 PM) View Post

Democracy = freedom of speech... my post was removed for no apparent reason - enough said!

straight from the RULES linked to just about every Forum.

“Free Speech blah blah blah”: XS is not concerned about what is and isn’t allowed on the internet, or what is or isn’t allowed to be said or typed or linked to in your home country where you sit and read this.  Posting policy is dictated by the rules listed here and other documents on XS. Abide by them or leave. XS is an Xbox information archive but it doesn’t mean it’s open season for free speech or people who tend to abuse it.

also:

“Dude.. Everyone pirates and downloads.. so…”

Not everyone is a pirate. Just because people in your own circle do doesn’t mean everyone does.  Sweeping generalizations that everyone pirates is ignorant to say the least. Regardless if you are going to make threads or arguments like these on XS you will find your stay a short one.  Also if we find that the wording of your post implies or outright endorses, promotes and testifies to piracy expect the thread to be closed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8